Job – Geothermal Technical Specialist, CGG, Wales/ UK
UK based CCG is seeking to hire a Geothermal Technical Specialist to work on improving and developing applications of geoscience technologies in the company's geothermal business.
UK-based geoscience services firm CGG is seeking to fill the position of a Geothermal Technology Specialist for its operations in Llandudno, Wales in the UK. CCG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. The company employs in excess of 5,500 people worldwide, and bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to its customers. Here below the description by the company in the advertisement.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images of the Earth’s subsurface structures
CGG’s Geothermal Science group is a multi-disciplinary team of geoscientists and data scientists with a combined experience of over 130 global geothermal projects. CGG has a long established position in high-enthalpy geothermal projects and we are currently leveraging our sedimentary basin exploration and data analytics experience to expand into this high growth area of geothermal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving and developing applications of geoscience technologies in our geothermal business.
You will be familiar with use of geothermal fluid geochemistry in exploration and development, and have hands-on experience of working with geothermal reservoir modelling software.
The appointed individual will work alongside subject matter experts in magnetotellurics, microseismicity, gravity, magnetics, seismic imaging and interpretation, structural geology, reservoir geology, sedimentology, mineralogy, volcanology, reservoir engineering and geothermal play analysis.
The role will require client and conference presentations; as such, we need an individual who has excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical solutions clearly. As a large part of the role involves project management, this must be a demonstrable area of strength.
The Appointed Candidate Will Be Expected To
- Work as part of our team, responsible for delivering high quality data, conceptual and quantitative geothermal geological models, plus interpretations
- Provide expertise on the exploration, development and production applications of geothermal geological technical analysis
- Provide expertise in geothermal geological technical analysis to service existing and future client requirements
- Mentor and coach team members with their technical development and encourage them to identify, and crystallise, new opportunities
- Evaluation of existing CGG workflows and give guidance on improvement where appropriate
- Participate effectively in wider discussions across CGG with a view to recognising, and where appropriate developing, opportunities to capitalise on CGG’s multidisciplinary strengths.
- Understand potential sources of R & D funding that could help drive forward the CGG geothermal service business
- Keep abreast of developments in geothermal markets in order to prioritise our marketing and to anticipate future client service requirements
BSc in geological/geophysical sciences, but ideally with an additional MSc or PhD in Geothermal discipline and proven extensive experience in their key discipline
Significant technical experience in a Geothermal Operating company or Geothermal consultancy is essential
- Client relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- English language skills
- Other language skills an advantage
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
Source: CCG via LinkedIn