Webinar – Geo-Energy Operations: Opportunities & Challenges, Dec. 16, 2020
The half-day webinar event on "Geo-Energy Operations - opportunities and challenges" by TWI Ltd. on December 16, 2020, features an interesting program and great line up of speakers.
As part of a wider involvement on European research projects, among them S4CE, GEO-SMART, GEO-PRO, GEO-HEX, GEO-DRILL, GEO-COAT, UK-based TWI is inviting to a half day webinar – “Geo-Energy Operations: Opportunities and Challenges” on December 16, 2020 9:00 to 12:30 (GMT?).
The event will gather experts from the geothermal sector presenting on the topics below:
- Geothermal Energy (Present/Future, Covid-19 impact, etc.)
Environmental Risks and Prevention
- Geothermal Sustainability Assessment Protocol: A Way Forward
- Best Practice Procedures for Sub-Surface Geo-Energy Operations
- Reservoir Stimulation and Induced Seismicity
- Is the Risk of Felt Induced Seismicity within a Hydrothermal Project Really Manageable? Insights and Conclusions from the Project Owner’s Point of View
- Evaluation of the Environmental Footprint of Subsurface Geo-Energy Exploration and Exploitation through LCA and MRA
Solutions and Mitigation for Geothermal Applications
- Demonstration of the LCA Software against Field Data
- Comparative Assessment of Well Casing Monitoring
- An overview of geothermal activities at TWI
- Marit Brommer, Executive Director, IGA
- Adrian Jones, Professor of Petrology, University College London
- Paolo Capuano, Professor of Geophysics, the University of Salerno, Italy
- Ryan Law, Managing Director, Geothermal Engineering Ltd.
- Thomas Block, Head of Project Management Office, St. Galler Stadtwerke
- Natalia Garban, Project Leader, TWI Ltd.
- Chris Punshon, Industry Group Manager Power, Equipment and Infrastructure, TWI Ltd.
- John Blackburn, Group Manager – Materials and Structural Integrity, TWI Ltd.
- Vipin Pillai, Senior Project Leader, TWI Ltd.
More details via TWI