Webinar – GSA, Career Pathways in Geothermal Energy – April 15, 2020
The Geological Society of America (GSA) has announced a webinar on Career Pathways in Geothermal Energy with Nick Hinz of Geologica, Lauren Boyd of the Department of Energy and Greg Rhodes of NREL.
The Geological Society of America has announced an interesting webinar on “Career Pathways in Geothermal Energy” to take place on April 15, 2020 – 11 am MDT – 5pm GMT
This webinar will offer an overview of what geothermal is and how we explore for it. An explanation of geothermal research in a university setting, and within domestic and international consulting will be provided along with a discussion on the technical geoscience jobs available and major companies that offer internships. A federal agency perspective will give a summary of the state of the industry, government programs, and funding initiatives. In addition, presenters will offer ideas on geothermal related coursework/thesis and recommendations based on current industry needs, private industry work, and economic analysis to reduce geothermal costs.
- Nick Hinz, Geologica Geothermal Group
- Lauren W.E. Boyd, Department of Energy
- Greg Rhodes, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- American Geosciences Institute
- American Geophysical Union
- GSA Continental Scientific Drilling Division
- GSA Geology and Society Division
- GSA Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology