2 weeks to go – IGC Türkiye – Izmir Geothermal Congress, 6-8 June 2016
With 2 weeks to go, IGC Türkiye, the Geothermal Congress in the Heart of the Geothermal Industry in Turkey becomes an important forum for geothermal operators and developers in Turkey, and those that like to enter the market.
ThinkGeoEnergy is inviting to IGC Türkiye, the Geothermal Congress in the Heart of the Geothermal Industry in Turkey, it organises in cooperation with Enerchange. The conference will be held 6-8 June 2016.
With Izmir as the location for the congress, we have chosen the city that lies in the heart of the geothermal industry in Turkey, with the majority of geothermal plants of Turkey in the region. The venue for the congress is the SwissOtel hotel in the center of Izmir.
The incredible growth of Turkey’s geothermal sector will be featured at IGC Türkiye, with partners Ormat and Exergy and an exciting EBRD workshop preceding the event. Turkey has seen an incredible growth of geothermal power generation capacity from 30 MW in 2008 to currently 648 MW. Marching so fast into the Top 10 geothermal countries in the world, Turkey will soon join the 1 GW Geothermal Country Club.
The European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is a cooperation partners of the IGC Turkey. The EBRD will also offer a Workshop on Geothermal Energy and Financing on June 6 which is free of charge for registered participants.
The day of the Congress, will feature an Exhibition and Conference with the following topical forums: Exploration and Risk Mitigation, Sustainability and Reservoir Management, Power Plant Technology, as well as Geothermal Heat Applications. The program is being established in cooperation with the Technical Committee, giving an overview about the important issues of geothermal development in Turkey today.
The congress will translate simultaneously English and Turkish.
- Balazs Gargya – Counsellor, Head of Section for Trade, Economy, Energy Policies and Projects, EU Delegation to Turkey
- Natalia Khanjenkova – EBRD Managing Director for Turkey and Central Asia
- Adonai Herrera Martinez – Energy Efficiency and Climate Change Senior Manager at the EBRD
- Levent Umut Feyzio?lu – Assistant Manager at Corporate Loans Underwriting Division Türkiye Is Bankas? A.S.
- Julio Garcia – Geothermal Production Analysis Manager at CALPINE
- Dr. Jörg Baumgärtner – Director at BESTEC
- Tevfik Kaya – Business Development Manager Geothermal Projects at Schlumberger
- Dr. Jochen Schneider – ENERCHANGE agency for renewable energies
- Alexander Richter – Founder & Principal at Thinkgeoenergy
- Dr. Thomas Kölbel – EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg
- Dr. Hartwig Schröder – Head of Geothermal Business Division at Enpros Consulting
- Souheil Saadi – Business Development Manager at Haldor Topsøe A/S
- Prof.Dr. Mustafa Onur – Istanbul Technical University
- Prof.Dr. Serhat Ak?n – METU
- Bahri Ça?da? Atabey – Bordrill Drilling
- Ozan Atalay – BM – Pars Drilling
- Ufuk ?entürk – JESDER
- Özgür Ça?lan Kuyumcu – Petrotek Drilling Technologies Inc.
- Dr.Füsun S.Tut Haklidir – Istanbul Bilgi University
- Umut Destegül Solaro?lu – Enther Energy
- Hatice Özcan, Benjamin Richter – Rödl & Partner
- Umut Bar?? Ülgen – SIS Enerji
- Sami Çeltiko?lu – Ala?ehir Municipality
- Ali Cenk Kahya – Sales Manager, Artificial Lift Continental Europe at Schlumberger
- Dr.Orhan Güreli – ARAR Petrol
Participants of the congress include operators, scientists, researchers, authorities, communities in the geothermal energy field and investors. It provides not only a great opportunity to connect and network for industry representatives and those that want to enter the industry in this fastest growing geothermal market today, but also a fantastic venue for discussions on operation and sustainability in geothermal development.
- Venue & Date: Swissôtel Büyük Efes ?zmir – 6-8 June 2016
- Format: Congress Opening, EBRD Forum and EBRD Opening Lounge on the first day, parallel Congress sessions with exhibition floor and a one-day field trip the day after the congress.
- Topics : Focus on geothermal development and operational issues in Turkey, including financing, reservoir characteristics, plant operations and exploration.
- Interest: There already is a strong interest by a large group of national and international players who are supporting us in the preparation for the event.