2022 European geothermal innovation award winner to be announced
The final winner of the Ruggero Bertani award for innovative contributions to the field of geothermal energy will be announced in June 2022.
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) has announced that the final winner of the 2022 Ruggero Bertani European Geothermal Innovation Award will be announced in June 2022. We had previously reported on the opening of nominations for this award earlier this year.
This Award is given to companies which have made an outstanding contribution towards the field of geothermal energy in the form of innovative products, scientific research or project initiatives. It is an initiative of the EGEC in collaboration with Messe Offenburg, organizer of the GeoTHERM Congress.
In 2018, the EGEC renamed the award in honor of Ruggero Bertani and his outstanding contribution to the field of geothermal energy and his endless enthusiasm for research and innovation.
The five finalists for this year’s awards are as follows:
- Baker Hughes (Netherlands) – Corrosion Resistant Podded Electrical Submersible Pump and Completion System
- Celsius Energy (France) – Celsius Energy System
- Fraunhofer IEG (Germany) – Energy concept for geothermal cooling and heating
- Izmir Institute of Technology (Turkey) – Capture and using CO2 as an inhibitor in geothermal power plant
- Perryman Technologies Research (France) – Geothermal Lithium Extraction
The jury for 2022 is composed of Miklos Antics (France, representing EGEC), Inga Berre (Norway, Professor at University of Bergen), Sandra Kircher (Germany, representing Messe Offenburg), Fausto Batini (Italy, Magma Energy, ETIP-DG President), and Javier Urchueguia (Spain, representing RHC-ETIP geothermal panel).