8th GEOLAC Geothermal Congress, Sept. 8-10, 2021
The 8th GEOLAC geothermal congress for Latin America & the Caribbean will be held September 8-10, 2021 in virtual format, co-hosted by IDB, the World Bank and ESMAP.
Announced today, the 8th Geothermal Congress for Latin America & the Caribbean (GEOLAC 2021) will take place virtually from September 8-10.
GEOLAC 2021 arrives at a critical time for the industry – and for the region. What role can geothermal play in re-activating Latin American and Caribbean economies post-Covid and how can it help the region respond to the need to decarbonize? Are there emerging opportunities for geothermal to power (and heat) the extractives, industrial and agricultural sectors? Can geothermal help propel green hydrogen across the region into the big time?
The 8th Geothermal Congress for Latin America & the Caribbean (GEOLAC 2021) will gather the market to showcase cutting-edge projects, programs and technologies, and explore opportunities for new partnerships and pathways to drive the industry – and the region – forward.
So what will GEOLAC 2021 look like?
September 8-9, 2021 | Core GEOLAC event
- Deep-Dive Interviews. We go toe-to-toe with leaders from regional governments and the geothermal industry.
- Project Showcases. Which projects in the region are making strides? We’ll find out how they’re making it happen.
- Cross-industry Panel Discussions. Latin American industries are looking closely at geothermal. Can geothermal power the regional extraction of lithium? Will geothermal fuel Green Hydrogen production?
- Live Debates. On a virtual stage, industry leaders take a position and debate the pressing issues facing the market. Contribute your perspective in the live event chat.
- Technical Assistance Forum (TAF) hosted by the GDF. How can development finance catalyze investment in geothermal?
September 10, 2021 | Regional Government Geothermal Showcase
All GEOLAC attendees are invited to join the annual roundtable hosted by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB). Gathering senior government officials from every geothermal country in the region, the roundtable will shine a spotlight on each market and provide a clear sense for momentum and progress towards geothermal across LAC.
Co-hosted by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), The World Bank and ESMAP, GEOLAC will address the challenges facing the industry, showcase national projects and initiatives, and explore opportunities for new partnerships and programs to drive the industry forward.
Ultimately GEOLAC will serve to accelerate the development of world-class geothermal projects across Latin America and the Caribbean.
Details: Conference Website