Call for geothermal projects under EUR 3m program in Croatia
Croatia has issued a call for project proposals for geothermal technical documentations for projects of EUR 200k to EUR 1.3m per project.
The Croatian Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds has issued three separate public calls with the availability of subsidies that will be funded under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021. The subsidies will cover 85% of project costs.
The call “Technical documentation for geothermal energy” has a funding budget of EUR 3 million and a daedline between Sept. 14, 2021 to Nov. 29, 2021. Full details are available here.
The Republic of Croatia has very favourable conditions for the usage of renewable energy sources due to its geographic position, geological setting and climate. Within the Republic of Croatia, the geothermal potential was indicated by more than 25 natural thermal springs and proved by more than 4,000 deep wells drilled during oil and gas explorations undertaken in the second part of the 20th century.
Regarding the geological properties and geothermal potential, Croatia can be generally divided into two areas: the Pannonian basin and the Dinarides. Most geothermal resources in Croatia have a temperature ranging between 50-120°C, which allows the utilization of geothermal energy for heating purposes. The transport of thermal energy over longer distances is expensive and can at present not be economically justified, which means that utilization of geothermal energy is only feasible in the relative vicinity of the geothermal energy sources.
The Call shall support applications that are planning to develop the technical documentation for geothermal energy projects. This Call for Proposals refers to the Programme focus area: “Renewable Energy”. The projects are also expected to contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and increased security of supply.
- Call allocation: 3.000.000,00 EUR EUR
- Grant amount per project: 200.000,00 – 1.300.000,00 EUR
- Project grant rate: up to 85%
- Project duration: 12 – 24 months
- The eligible applicants: any entity, public or private, commercial, or non-commercial and non-governmental organization, established as a legal person in Croatia.
- The eligible partners: any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, and a non-governmental organization established as a legal person in donor states (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) or Croatia.
- Eligible area: territorial range and place of implementation of the activities covered by technical documentation developed within the project are restricted to the continental area of Croatia (the Pannonian Basin and its marginal area). Bilateral cooperation activities can be implemented on the territory of Donor States.
Source: EEA Grants