Convention on Geothermal and its future role in Italy – 24 Oct 2017, Milan/ Italy
The Geothermal Union of Italy (Unione Geotermica Italiana), the Order of Engineers of the Province of Milan and the Italian Thermotechnical Association are holding a conference on "Geothermal - effective response to the energy, environmental and social" on October 24, 2017.
The Geothermal Union of Italy (Unione Geotermica Italiana), the Order of Engineers of the Province of Milan and the Italian Thermotechnical Association are holding a conference on “Geothermal – effective response to the energy, environmental and social”.
- Date/ Time: October 24, 2017 – 16:30 to 19:00
- Location: FAST Auditorium in Piazzale Morandi 2, Milan .
The meeting aims to present the current situation and the prospects for development of geothermal energy in Italy and in the World. The energy aspects, the environmental benefits and social reflections of geothermal use and the role of Italian industry in the sector will be highlighted.
Topics for presentations and discussions are:
- General overview on geothermal energy and its applications in Italy and in the world:
current status and future prospects;
- Types and classification of geothermal resources;
- Geothermal power generation;
- Direct heat use geothermal (thermal uses);
- Geothermal and district heating;
- Geothermal heat pumps;
- Deep wells for geothermal applications;
- Geothermal probes and wells for heat pump applications;
- Industrial and civil components for geothermal plants;
- Instrumentation and Measurements;
- Concrete cases and experiences;
- Community and national regulatory frameworks;
- Incentives and economic and financial aspects;
- Social acceptability.
Participation in the conference is free and entitles you to recognition of professional training credits.
However, you must register by visiting the site .
The event program can be consulted here .
Source: Non Solo Ambiente