Dominica geothermal project tender for transmission line work
The Dominica geothermal project is seeking expressions of interest for work on transmission line infrastructure.
In a request for expressions of interest released this week, the Dominica Geothermal Development Company is seeking to procure Designing, supplying and installation of the new transmission network at 69 kV for its geothermal power project.
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) has received financing from the World Bank (WB) towards its Dominica Geothermal Risk Mitigation Project (DGRMP, Project ID: P162149) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments for the procurement under Component 1 of the Project which includes designing, supplying and installation, of the new transmission network at 69 kV from the Roseau Valley to the load centres. The Dominica Geothermal Development Company Limited (DGDC) is the implementing agency for the project. Learn more about the transmission infrastructure required here.
The scope of procurement will include the design, manufacture, supply, storage, installation, testing and commissioning of all the equipment/apparatus and their associated civil works for the following lines and substations:
- Geothermal to Fond Cole 69 kV line (GFI). This 5 km 69 kV overhead line (monopole) will directly connect the Geothermal Substation to Fond Cole Substation (both 69/33/11 kV).
- Geothermal to Fond Cole 33 kV line. The 33 kV line will be from the Geothermal Substation, (69/33/11 kV), to the Fond Cole Substation io(69/33/11 KV) and will pass respectively through Trafalgar Substation (33/2.2 KV), and Padu Substation (33/11KV).
- Fond Cole to Sugar Loaf 69 kV line with two options under consideration:
- New 34 km 69 kV single circuit, overhead transmission line from Fond Cole to Sugarloaf Substation, including a 1km 69kV dual circuit tee-off line to West Coast Substation; OR
- New 46 km 69 kV underground cable link from the Fond Cole Substation (69/33/11 kV) to the Sugar Loaf Substation (69/11 kV) with a deviation to West coast Substation, (69/11 kV). The cable is expected be single core with separate fiber optic cable.
- New 69kV HIS and GIS substations, namely: Geothermal 69/33/11kV Substation, Fond Cole 69/33/11kV Substation, West Coast 69/11kV Substation, Sugar Loaf 69/11kV Substation, Padu 33/11kV Substation and Trafalgar 33/11kV Substation along with 69/33/11kV, 69/11kV, 33/11kV power transformers from 2MVA to 20MVA, and new 33kV and 11kV Metal clad switchgears.
The DGDC now invites eligible bidders to indicate their interest in bidding for the procurement of the above contracts. Interested bidders are requested to provide information on their company and a brief description of their experience in executing similar contracts (including in mountainous areas subject to severe climate conditions). Please indicate if you are interested in the bids for Transmission Line or Substation or both.
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the World Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) procedures will be announced, as they become available in Development Business and on the DGDC Website (www.geodominica.com) and Dominica News Online (www.dominicanewsonline.com).
Procurement of contracts financed by the loan facility will be conducted through the international competitive procurement procedures as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
For the full release/ notice, see link below.
Source: Company release