EGEC Webinar: B2B Market Uptake Support for Geothermal, 12 Oct. 2018
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) has scheduled a webinar on the "Opportunities for non-technical projects on geothermal" based on a new call from its RD&I programme Horizon2020 to tackle non-technical barriers for RES deployment in Europe, including geothermal energy.
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) has scheduled a webinar on the “Opportunities for non-technical projects on geothermal”.
- Date: 12 October 2018
- Time: 11:00 – 12:00 am CEST (UTC +2)
On 5 September 2018, the European Commission opened a new call from its RD&I programme Horizon2020 to tackle non-technical barriers for RES deployment in Europe, including geothermal energy.
The call LC-SC3-RES-28-2019 on Market Uptake support is for a single-stage process application with a Deadline on 11 December 2018 at 17:00 (CET).
EGEC is organizing a webinar to present this call and is inviting its members and the members of the ETIP-deep geothermal and RHC-ETIP geothermal panel to a brokerage session.
The objective is to support geothermal stakeholders in selecting the right topic, in drafting a proposal, and in building a consortium.
The project proposals have to address one or more of the following issues relevant for geothermal:
- Recommendation for harmonisation of regulations, life cycle assessment approaches, environmental impact methodologies of renewable energy solutions;
- Development of additional features for RES to be compliant with the electricity market requirements, making them “market fit”, such as developing the possibility to provide additional services to the grid such as peak power and having an active role in electricity balancing/reserve market;
- Support sharing of best practice between public funding bodies for the cross-border participation in RES electricity support schemes, increasing the use of the “RES co-operation mechanisms” foreseen in the legislation;
- Development of insurance schemes to be available to developers in Europe and worldwide to mitigate risks, such as in geothermal drilling and offshore installation;
- Development of innovative financing mechanisms, schemes and sharing of best practices for cost-effective support for uptake of renewable sources, such as through the use of Public Procurement of Innovative Solutions instrument or smartly designed tenders;
- Development of support tools to facilitate export markets, especially for technologies where export market potential is much higher than internal market. The focus will be on capacity building for market activities in developing and emerging countries, including identifying research needs, within the objectives of developing country- specific technologies and solutions, and/or adapting existing ones, taking into account local aspects of social, economic and environmental sustainability. Participation of developing and emerging countries is encouraged, in particular if these countries have identified energy as a priority area for their development and whenever common interest and mutual benefits are clearly identified.
- Development of tools (methods and models) for environmental impact assessments of renewable energy projects;
- Development of tools or services using global earth observation data, (such as those available through COPERNICUS), to support development and deployment of renewable energy sources;
If there is an interest, we will also discuss the call LC-SC3-ES-8-2019 on European Islands Facility – Unlock financing for energy transitions and supporting islands to develop investment concepts (Deadline: 05 February 2019 17:00:00)
Participation is free-of-charge but requiring registration.
Due to limited availability, please register before Wednesday 10 October 2018.
11:00 | Welcome – Philippe Dumas, EGEC secretary general
11:05 | Ongoing geothermal projects for market uptake – Thomas Garabetian, EGEC Policy officer
11:15 | Opportunities for geothermal market uptake projects in the call 2019 – Philippe Dumas, EGEC Geothermal
11:25 | Q&A session
11:35 | Brokerage session – Exchange of ideas on project proposals
12:00 | End