EOI – Consultants for KenGen Geothermal Board of Consultants
KenGen is seeking expressions of interest by individual consultants to join the company's Geothermal Board of Consultants.
To realize its ambitious geothermal expansion program, Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) wishes to constitute a Board of Consultants (BOC) by engaging four international experts (herein referred to as bidders) in the following requisite disciplines.
- Field Exploration and Development.
- Drilling Technology.
- Environmental Management.
- Reservoir Management.
- Power Plant Management.
A local expert will, however, serve in any of the five specified disciplines.
Scope of Services
The experts will advise the company on the following key aspects of geothermal development activities, processes, and practices for a period of four (4) years.
- Independently evaluate and advise on the best field exploration and development practices to be adopted for optimized geothermal resource evaluation and capacity estimates;
- Participate in the development and interpretation of conceptual models of geothermal fields with the aim of identifying suitable drilling targets for both production and reinjection wells;
- Review and recommend the most suitable drilling techniques to be adopted for reduced drilling time and maximum well productivity.
- Review and recommend the most suitable environmental management practices to be adopted to guard against any environmental liabilities.
- Review and recommend the most suitable reservoir management practices to be adopted to ensure geothermal resource sustainability.
- Review, interpret and advise on efficient and effective power plant management practices to be adopted to improve power plant performance and longevity.
- Participate in at least bi-annual meetings to be held in Kenya.
Interested bidders shall meet the following criteria listed below:
- General qualifications, certification, and evidence of individual’s experience in geothermal
related fields (at least 20 years).
- Work plan and methodology including contingency plan.
- Consultancy experience in the region.
- Evidence of registration as an expert.
- Evidence of capability in capacity building.
- Evidence of three major clients’ references.
- Disclosure of current litigation, if any.
For details see the tender document (pdf).
Source: Tender/ KenGen