GRC announces availability of two scholarships
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) announces the availability of two scholarships of $2,500 with an application deadline of August 16, 2013 and the announcement of the winners by September 1, 2013.
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC), a non-profit educational association dedicated to the promotion of geothermal energy and associated technologies around the world, announces the availability of two (2) $USD 2,500 GRC Scholarship Awards.
Selection of recipients will be based upon a variety of factors, including the individual’s academic record, student activities, geothermal industry experience, and career goals.
To qualify, one must be enrolled in, or have been accepted into, a graduate-level program in engineering or geosciences, or be a third or fourth year undergraduate majoring in engineering or geosciences.
Your application must include:
- Official copies of all college transcripts.
- List of student activities, including offices held, as well as a list and brief description of all extracurricular and/or community activities.
- List of geothermal-related classes and any relevant field or operational experience.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
- A letter of application discussing the applicant’s background, career goals and objectives, with particular reference to applicant’s relationship to geothermal and the geo-sciences. The letter should also state how the applicant intends to use the scholarship and what results (publications, thesis etc.) will be produced.
Applications or questions should be addressed to:
Geothermal Resources Council
GRC Scholarship Award Committee
P.O. Box 1350
Davis, CA 95617
Applications must be received by August 16, 2013 to be considered. Successful recipients will be notified by September 1, 2013. The Scholarship Awards will be presented at the 2013 GRC Annual Meeting and GEA Geothermal Energy Expo, held at the MGM Grand, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, September 29 – October 2.