IGA Academy: Geothermal Reservoir Engineering Short Course, June 25-29, 2018
The IGA Academy has announced a short course on Geothermal Reservoir Engineering to be held in Bochum, Germany - June 25-29, 2018.
The IGA Academy, an educational initiative by the International Geothermal Association, has announced a Geothermal Reservoir Engineering Short Course,.
- Date: 25-29 June 2018 (5 days)
- Lecturer: Dr. Sadiq J. Zarrouk
- Language: English
- Course Fee: EUR 2,500 incl. VAT
- Registration Deadline: 13 May 2018 – register online
The course is dedicated to planners who would like to obtain a better understanding of the planning process of a borehole heat exchanger. Previous knowledge in heat pump technology is beneficial but not mandatory. However, a certain level of previous knowledge in heat transfer and mathematics is required to be able to interpret simulation results.
The Geothermal Reservoir Engineering syllabus covering the following subjects:
- Worldwide geothermal development and types of geothermal systems.
- Geothermal power systems (steam field and power station equipment)
- Thermodynamics and properties of water and steam tables.
- Fundamentals of geothermal reservoir engineering.
- Heat and mass underground, stored heat calculations.
- Geothermal drilling & measurements while drilling.
- Completion tests & down-hole measurements.
- Geothermal flow measurement.
- Scaling and corrosion in geothermal development.
- Stimulation of geothermal wells
- Geothermal Reinjection