Job: Business Analyst, Geothermal with Ormat, Nevada
Ormat Technologies is looking for a new Business Analyst for their office in Reno, Nevada
Ormat Technologies in Reno, Nevada is looking for applicants who can fill in the position of Business Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the business development staff in origination tasks, writing proposals, market research, and administration of the US Business Development databases.
- Assists in the preparation of interconnection and transmission applications, submittal, and associated communications to obtain interconnection and transmission agreements.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals for power purchase agreements and other types of business transactions.
- Administers contracts, power purchase agreements, and interconnection and transmission agreements.
- Performs market analysis, competitive intelligence and research.
- Administers US Business Development databases in SharePoint.
- Assists in regular reporting on main projects and tasks.
- Develops project schedules, descriptions, diagrams, reports, studies, and other documents.
- The willingness to travel up to 20% nationally.
- The ability to travel for long distances by car and air.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, business administration or other related field.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to quickly learn new technical and commercial material.
- The ability to write technical and commercial documents.
- Proficiency in contract administration.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of the Internet.
- Proficiency in MS Project, ArcGIS, or AutoCAD strongly desired.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.