Job: Communication Officer for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company
Tanzania Geothermal Development Company is seeking to fill the position of Communication Officer for the company in Dar es Salaam.
Tanzania Geothermal Development Company Limited (TGDC) is a subsidiary company of The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) which was established in December 2013 for spearheading geothermal resources development in Tanzania.
The company was established to help develop Tanzania’s geothermal resources and has now released a job advertisement seeking to fill the position of Communication Officer with the company.
- Position: Communication Officer (1 Post)
- Reporting to: Senior Communication Officer
- Duty Station: TGDC Head Office –Dar es Salaam
The Communication Officer will be responsible for providing support to ensuring that the good relationship with stakeholders is maintained and upholding the image of the company through continuous awareness programs to support the realization of TGDC’s strategy.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide support to ensuring that the Company builds and maintains good relationship with the Public and stakeholders
- To assist in determining the most effective ways to communicate with different segments of the community
- To provide support to coordination and facilitation of issuance of press releases, prepare information media kits and develop and maintain information for uploading on internet and intranet web pages
- To provide support to publicizing and promoting TGDC by creating awareness through producing publicity materials
- To participate in preparation and organization of special events and functions of interest to TGDC
- To provide support in monitoring the media for news and information that either relate to or may impact the Company
- To assist in formulating policies and procedures related to public information programs
- To provide support in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with media
- To provide support in facilitating production of in-house publicity and promotional materials, films and other video products and regulate their distribution.
- Write stories and feature articles in the newspapers that may enlighten the public on TGDC activities, its policies and major challenges.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Journalism and / Public Relations/ Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Not less than three (3) years’ work experience in Public Relations, Journalism or Diplomacy.
- Experience in media industry as an editor will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) applications
Desired Attributes & Competencies
- Competent in Computer graphics and designing skills, Website, Intranet, social media updating
- Ambitious and self-motivated with the capacity to deliver superbly under tight schedules.
- Professional ability to take still and video pictures
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct Works on improving own knowledge, skills and attitudes
A competitive package (according to existing Salary Structure) will be offered to successful candidate.
- A detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position, strategic projects/activities that you have executed in your previous employment and how you will add value to TGDC
- Applicants much attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, three referees (two must be work related)
- Applicants must attach their copies of academic certificates (Testimonials and provisional results/results slips will not be accepted)
- Certificates from foreign academic institutions must be verified by Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications should be in English
- Deadline: Applications should be submitted to the address below, not later than 13th October 2017.
THE GENERAL MANAGER, TANZANIA GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED, P. O BOX 14801, DAR ES SALAAM.
(TGDC HEAD OFFICE, TABATA TIOT Bus Stop – Mount Meru Building – Nearby AZAM TV and Mount Meru Filling Station)
Advert available on www.tgdc.go.tz
Source: Tanzania Geothermal Development Company (TGDC)