Job – Director Business Development, Geothermal – HS Orka, Iceland
Icelandic private-owned power utility HS Orka has advertised an open job position for a Director Business Development.
Icelandic leading privately owned power company in Iceland, HS Orka is seeking to fill the position of Director, Business Development. The company sustainably harnesses geothermal resources to provide various industries and neighbouring communities with electricity, industrial steam, heated and filtered seawater, potable district heating water, potable groundwater and geothermal CO2.
HS Orka is owned 50% by Ancala Partners, a UK based infrastructure investment manager and 50% by Jardvarmi, a dedicated investment vehicle owned by Iceland’s largest pension funds.
We are searching for a Director of Business development, an experienced professional to create and develop leads of companies that mean business with sustainability and would be ready to invest and start operating in our Resource Park in Iceland. The location is unique – not only offering access to affordable renewables but also an excellent business location with a skilled workforce, close to the capital area of Reykjavik. An international airport is within easy range as well as harbour facilities that offer efficient logistics to mainland Europe and to N-America. The Resource Park already has as varied range of businesses such as the Blue Lagoon spa, cosmetics manufacturers, biotechnology companies and aquaculture.
This position is full-time, based in Europe. A self-employed consultant would be ideal while other arrangements are possible for the right candidate. The Director of Business Development will bring a meaningful network and solid expertise in business development or foreign direct investment to the table.
- Familiarizing yourself with HS Orka, the Resource Park and with Iceland as a business location
- Work with us to determine and prioritize targets for investment attraction
- Curate information for marketing of the Resource Park
- Present at informational events/conferences
- Approach potential investors on behalf of HS Orka
- Developing leads
The ideal candidate
- Experience: 10+ years experience in business development and/or foreign direct investment.
- Meaningful experience in renewables is highly preferred.
- MBA or Master’s in relevant science or engineering with sound business experience
- Excellent communication and networking skills with an ability to build mutually profitable business relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, including development of presentation materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
- Strong focus on quality of work and attention to detail whilst maintaining awareness of strategic issues
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in ambiguous environments
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Languages: Fluent English, oral and written. At least one other major European language such as German or French.
For further information contact [email protected]
Source: HS Orka via LinkedIn