Job – European VP Business Development, HS Orka, Iceland
Icelandic geothermal power company HS Orka is seeking to fill a position of European VP for Business Development.
Leading privately owned power company in Iceland HS Orka is seeking for applications for a position of European VP for Business Development. We sustainably harness geothermal resources to provide various industries and neighboring communities with electricity, industrial steam, heated and filtered seawater, potable district heating water, potable groundwater, and geothermal CO2. Applications and details via LinkedIn.
HS Orka is owned 50% by Ancala Partners and 50% by Jarðvarmi, a dedicated investment vehicle owned by Iceland’s largest pension funds.
We are searching for a European Vice President of Business Development, an experienced professional to create and develop leads of companies that mean business with sustainability and would be ready to invest and start operating in our Resource Park in Iceland. The location is unique – offering access to affordable renewables in an excellent business location with a skilled workforce, close to the capital area of Reykjavik. An international airport is within easy range as well as harbor facilities that offer efficient logistics to mainland Europe and to N-America. The Resource Park already has as varied range of businesses such as the Blue Lagoon spa, cosmetics manufacturers, biotechnology companies and aquaculture.
This position is full-time, based in Europe. A self-employed consultant would be ideal while other arrangements are possible for the right candidate. The European VP of Business Development will bring a meaningful network and solid expertise in business development or foreign direct investment to the table.
- Familiarizing yourself with HS Orka, the Resource Park and with Iceland as a business location
- Work with us to determine and prioritize targets for investment attraction
- Curate information for marketing of the Resource Park
- Present at informational events/conferences
- Approach potential investors on behalf of HS Orka
- Manage relationships
The ideal candidate:
- Experience: 10+ years’ experience in business development and/or foreign direct investment.
- Relevant network
- Excellent communication and networking skills with an ability to build mutually profitable business relationships
- Strategic thinking
- Availability and willingness to travel
The application must be in English, accompanied by a curriculum vitae and a detailed cover letter stating the reasons for the application and the reasons for the applicant’s ability to perform in the job.
The application deadline is October 17th
Apply through Vinnvinn, selection and recruitment company, www.vinnvinn.is
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: HS Orka via VinnVinn/ LinkedIn