Job – General Manager, geothermal development, KenGen
KenGen in Kenya has a number of job openings for geothermal positions, including for a General Manager, geothermal development.
As part of a variety of new job openings published in the company’s website (check all vacancies here), Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) is seeking to fill the position of “GENERAL MANAGER , GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT – HRAD/GDD/01/03/2022” – Application Deadline is March 31, 2022.
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the job holder is responsible for furthering KenGen’s green energy footprint by maximizing Geothermal resource potential in the country and to provide Geothermal Energy Leadership in Africa.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading and providing thought leadership in the development and implementation of Geothermal Developments’ strategies.
- Developing policies, and procedures to achieve KenGen’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinating and overseeing the following divisions: Reservoir and Steam field; Drilling and Logistics; Civil and Infrastructure, and Resource Assessment and Development.
- Guaranteeing sustainability of KenGen’s power generation and enhancement of green energy.
- Ensuring effective and efficient revenue generating activities.
- Developing and implementing safety programs for staff, stakeholders, and security of assets within Geothermal Development Department.
- Preparing briefs for the Executive management and strategic papers for consideration and approval by the Board of Directors.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Ensuring compliance with Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems ( EMS), occupational health and safety, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
- A minimum period of fifteen (15) years in relevant work experience at least five (5) years in senior manager role in a large organization.
- Master’s degree in Geology/Geochemistry/Geophysics/ Physics/Engineering, Business Administration, Project management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology /Geochemistry /Geophysics / Physics/Chemistry/ Geomatics/Engineering.
- Post graduate diploma in Geothermal Energy Technology will be an added advantage.
- Membership of good standing in relevant professional bodies.
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles.
- Fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
For the full details see link below.
Other jobs available (see details here):
- General Manger, Operations
- Company Secretary and General Manager, legal Services
- Mechanical craftsman
- Technician (mechanical/ electrical)
- Water Treatment Plant Operator
- General Manager, ICT
- General Manager, Internal Audit