Job: Geothermal Resource Engineer, Ormat, Reno/ NV
Ormat Technologies is seeking to fill a position of Geothermal Resource Engineer at its operations in Reno/ NV.
Ormat Technologies has posted a job vacancy for a Geothermal Resource Engineer with the company in Reno, Nevada.
This position is responsible for conducting engineering studies on Ormat’s geothermal fields for purposes of forecasting and optimizing resource usage.
- Analyze performance of production and injection wells, diagnose problems, plan remedial action, and assist with permitting and execution of the work.
- Evaluate performance of production and injection wells and identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- Evaluate effects of corrective actions or changes in field operations, power generation revenue and long-term resource performance.
- Collect reservoir data, analyze well logs and well tests, and develop reservoir conceptual models.
- Design or direct the design of reservoir models and use them to optimize production and injection.
- Work with operations personnel and Project Managers to formulate and justify recommendations for changes.
- Responsible for planning and specifying well tests, logs and diagnostic procedures.
- Responsible for the engineering field supervision and analysis of well tests results.
- Responsible for the design and specifying pumps for pumped production wells.
- Work with Ormat specialists and pump manufacturers to evaluate and improve pump performance and operating life.
- Responsible for the planning, engineering, supervision, analysis and reporting of routine well logs and pressure tests.
- Document analyses, interpretations of logs, well tests, diagnostic procedures and results of work overs, drilling and other changes in operations.
- Work with plant, field operations and IT personnel to maintain the quality and completeness of data base and operating records.
- Prepare reports with supporting data and recommendations for action.
- Provide pertinent data and analyses to consultants and incorporate their results.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Provide engineering assistance to drilling and field operations as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Eduction, experience, and skills required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences a Master of Science degree is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Ability to travel and work in remote field locations and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
For further information and to apply use link below.
Source: Ormat via workforcenow.adp.com