Job: Geothermal Support Framework (PLUTO) Programme Manager, Turkey
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is seeking to fill the position of a Technical Cooperation Programme Manager for its PLUTO geothermal support framework for Turkey.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is seeking to fill the position of a Technical Cooperation Programme Manager for its PLUTO geothermal support framework for Turkey. Closing date for applications is February 10, 2016
PLUTO Project Description
To assist Turkey in realising its renewable energy potential, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) has launched the Private Sector Early Stage Geothermal Development Framework (“PLUTO”). PLUTO aims to provide development support and debt finance to geothermal projects which meet required commercial, technical and environmental standards.
The Framework’s Technical Cooperation (TC) programme is designed to assist the Bank’s clients in developing Geothermal Power Plants (GPPs)and in applying best global practices – particularly those under PLUTO – during project preparation and design, up to the financial close phase, and to the Bank about the technical integrity of the project, including geothermal resource development risks.
In order to support the EBRD with the oversight of the implementation of the Framework’s TC Programme, the Bank intends to engage a TC Programme Manager who will ensure smooth implementation and coordination between the various TCs running in parallel under the Framework, including the awareness raising activities, organising workshops, and linkages between developers and service providers.
The TC Programme Manager will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop sub-project reporting and monitoring templates for periodic reporting and activities, such as visibility actions and events, as part of the Framework’s reporting cycle;
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day activities and individual assignments of the Framework’s TC Programme to ensure that all deliverables under PLUTO are carried out on time, meet the necessary quality standards, and are in line with the Framework’s objectives;
- Oversee the progress of pipeline preparation, project and business development support, and environmental support provided to the Bank’s clients under the Framework’s TC Programme, and compile information on the implementation progresses for periodic reporting to the EBRD;
- Support policy dialogue assignments with the Government of Turkey (e.g. improvement of licensing procedures, industrial utilisation of non-condensable gases, management and monitoring approaches for the sustainable use of geothermal resources), and lead knowledge-sharing, visibility and awareness raising activities;
- Ensure that PLUTO Phase I is fully utilised by December 2016 in, at least, 5 sub-projects;
- Support the team in the preparation of the required documentation for mobilising additional grant funds for the expansion of the PLUTO Framework for 2016;
- Assist the EBRD Operation Leader with ad-hoc tasks relating to the Framework.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in April 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 24 months.
Cost Estimate: EUR 266,000 (exclusive of VAT).
Out of this budget the Project Manager will allocate 12 full days per month to the assignment, estimated at EUR 79,200 in fees per year. The remaining budget will be used for the preparation of workshops (one per year), travelling and office/report management/preparation expenses.
Funding Source: The assignment is expected to be funded by the European Union under the programme “Enhancement of the Turkish Energy Sector in line with EU Energy Strategies”.
Consultant Profile: The services as the TC Programme Manager will require an experienced professional (approximately 7 years or more) with a masters-level engineering degree in a relevant sector, full-professional proficiency and knowledge in both Turkish and English. The assignment will require expertise and experience, at minimum and not limited to, in the following areas:
- Renewable energy technical due diligence, particularly in line with EBRD standards;
- Turkey energy market context;
- Geothermal power project assessment and implementation, including exploration risks, design & implementation, construction and power transmission;
- Deep knowledge on environmental & social risks of renewable energy technologies, particularly in line with EBRD Performance Requirements;
- Experience in renewable energy financing mechanisms, including credit lines and project finance structures, particularly in Turkey;
- Understanding of EBRD operations, with particular focus of the Sustainable Energy Initiative (SEI) in Turkey.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of experts seeking to be selected for this Assignment, the information submitted should include the following:
- Cover letter (max. 2 pages) including full contact details, summarising why the expert believes to satisfy the requirements as defined in the above section Consultant Profile;
- CV (max. 4 pages) which should include full descriptions of responsibilities carried out, not just a job title, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), main activities, objectives.
- Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
Expressions of Interest should be submitted in English electronically through e-Selection, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date. The complete expression of interest (including cover letter, CV, declaration and contact sheet etc.) shall be one file (pdf) not exceeding 4MB, to be uploaded to eSelection. The EBRD reserves the right to reject applications of experts submitting more than one file.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 73387123
(submissions should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address)
- It is intended that up to 5 shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews in Istanbul RO before the completion of the selection process (the interviews may be conducted via video-link, etc.). Please note that travel or other costs associated with interviews will not be reimbursed to the candidates.
- The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. On completion of the evaluation process the highest-ranked consultant will be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
- Consulting firms (proposing individuals) and individuals may apply. Consulting Firms nominating an individual expertshall submit one complete individual application for each expert via eSelection. Single applications for a number of experts containing various CVs may result in rejection of such application and all concerned experts.
- The shortlist criteria are: Qualifications in line with section Consultant profile – 30%, Previous professional experience in line with section Consultant profile – 40%, Interviews – 30%
Job Details available here.