Job: Managing Director – Geothermal Development Company, Kenya
Kenya's Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is seeking applications for the position of Managing Director of the company, who will also serve as Chief Executive Officer.
Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a fully – state owned company whose key mandate is to spearhead the development of Geothermal Resources for energy generation in line with the Government of Kenya’s (GoK) goal to become self-sufficient in environment-friendly electric power generation.
GDC is seeking to recruit for the position of Managing Director who will also serve as Chief Executive Officer (RECRUITMENT OF MANAGING DIRECTOR – REF GDC/HRP/CEO/01/2020). Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for implementing GDC’s Strategic Plans and policies as approved by the Board. He/She will also serve as the Leader of the Management Team and their representative on the GDC Board.
Applicants are required to possess the following key attributes amongst other requirements:
- Demonstrate full understanding of geothermal sector issues and GoK’s perspective regarding the sector;
- Demonstrate good leadership skills including strong strategic orientation;
- Demonstrate strong network building, persuasion and communication skills;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the Leadership and Integrity Act.
More details regarding the position can be accessed on the GDC web site at www.gdc.co.ke
Applications must be accompanied with copies of the following valid documents:
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
- National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified of the mandatory requirement for shortlisted candidates to undergo both psychometric assessment testing and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Interested persons who meet the relevant criteria are requested to submit applications enclosing a curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials. The CV must at the minimum provide details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional and work record.
Applications may be deposited at GDC’s Head Office at KAWI House, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C along Red Cross Road, Nairobi or sent by post or email to:
Chairman of the Board, Geothermal Development Company, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101, NAIROBI, KENYA
Applications must be received by close of business on 7th February 2020. Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality
The full recruitment document can be found here (pdf).