Job: Operations Manager – Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA), Calgary
The Canadian Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA) has advertised the job opening for Operations Manager for the Association based in Calgary, Alberta.
Established in 2007, CanGEA is a non-profit industry association based out of Calgary, Alberta that is the collective voice of Canada’s geothermal energy industry. Our mission is to accelerate Canadian exploration and development of geothermal resources in order to provide secure, clean and sustainable energy. We represent the interests of our member companies internationally and domestically by collaborating with decision-makers at all levels of government, communities and corporate sectors. CanGEA hosts the Canadian National Geothermal Database (CNGD), which is a platform that hosts provincial geothermal feasibility maps. Additionally, CanGEA regularly produces technical reports and publications for the public, government and stakeholders. We believe in the philosophy of educating and raising public awareness through events, workshops and various outreach opportunities.
To learn more about the work of the association, visit its website at https://www.cangea.ca
The Position: Geothermal Energy Intern (Operations Manager)
CanGEA is looking for a business-oriented professional with a basic appreciation of geosciences who can apply skills in operations management and communication. The candidate must be highly motivated to lead operation roles as well as create their own initiatives to further enhance CanGEA’s business development and overall performance.
The Operations Manager will work with CanGEA’s Policy Director, whilst proactively pursuing self-led initiatives related to developing geothermal business opportunities for CanGEA. The Operations Manager position will offer the selected candidate the opportunity to gain direct industry experience as well as experience in other areas such as web design, business writing and the creation of technical materials for members and the general public.
This is a great opportunity to help shape Canada’s geothermal industry.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Association Operations
- Social Media Management
- Membership Outreach and Coordination
- Interpreting Feasibility Maps
- Business Writing
- Composing and Editing Geothermal Reports
- Website Management
- Conducting Surveys
- Event Planning/Industry Outreach
- Develop Membership Campaigns and Recruit New Members
- Preparing & Delivering Presentations
- Conduct Market Research
- Preparation of CanGEA External Material
- Analyzing Geothermal Data/Reports
- Interpreting Technical Documents
Mainly in the Calgary office; however, some travel flexibility is preferred.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 18-30 years of age
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted official refugee status
- At least high school graduation
- University/College Graduate Preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of Canada’s Geothermal Energy Industry
- MS Office Proficiency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiar with Dropbox, Mailchimp, Weebly
- Effective Time Management
- Market Research/Skills
- Multi-stakeholder Coordination
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Have not participated in any federal government-funded youth program within 1 year
- Unemployed or *underemployed
- Preference is given to CanGEA Student/Individual Member
- Not receiving employment insurance
- *Working part-time or in a field that does not utilize their qualifications
Duration of the role: 6 months starting September 4th, 2018, with an opportunity for extension.
Job Types: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Calgary, AB
Source: Indeed/ CanGEA