Job: Position of Director for Iceland School of Energy, Reykjavik University
The Iceland School of Energy, operated by Reykjavik University in Iceland is seeking to fill the position of its Managing Director.
In a job opening release, Reykjavik University in Iceland is asking for applications for the position of Director for the Iceland School of Energy (ISE).
The actual job announcement is only available in Icelandic, but I would assume given the international nature of the program this should be open for internatioanl applicants.
The Iceland School of Energy is owned by Reykjavik University, Reykjavik Energy (utility) and Iceland GeoSurvey (ISOR) and is operated within Reykjavik University.
The school offers two streams Sustainable Energy Engineering and Sustainable Energy Science, as well as some shorter academic programs. About 90% of the students of the school come from abroad.
The position offers to work in an ambitious and lively university environment in the growing and international field of energy and environment.
- Operation and responsibility of the school
- Development and establishment of program and related activities
- Promotion of the school internationally
- Build up of international cooperation
- Cooperation with specialists in the field of energy
- Masters or PhD degree in a field related to energy or environmental studies
- Knowledge of energy and environmental issues
- Experience in the international arena
- Experience in international marketing
- Leadership and communication capabilities including experience in management and operation
- Superiour capabilities in English, spoken and written.
More details are availabe via Guðrún Arnbjörg Sævarsdóttir (email@example.com), Dean of the technical and engineering faculty, and Sigríður Elín Guðlaugsdóttir, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for application is June 1, 2016 with applications to be sent in through the HR system of the school at http://radningar.hr.is
Source: Reykjavik University