Job: Program Manager Hydrothermal/ Low Temp. & Co-production at DOE GTO
The Department of Energy in the U.S. has an open job as Supervisory General Engineer/ Physical Scientist to serve as program manager on Hydrothermal Resources and Low Temperature & Coproduced Resources program areas, within the Geothermal Technologies Office in Washington DC or Golden, Colorado.
The Department of Energy in the U.S. is seeking to fill the position of Supervisory General Engineer/ Physical Scientist within the Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy office (EERE). EERE promotes affordable and reliable energy to enhance America’s economic growth and energy security.
This is an Open role at the DOE Geothermal Technologies Office and will serve as the Program Manager for GTO’s Hydrothermal Resources and Low Temperature & Coproduced Resources program areas.
- Open & closing dates: 08/26/2019 to 09/05/2019
- Service: Competitive
- Pay scale & grade: GS 15
- Salary: $134,629 to $166,500 per year
- Appointment type: Permanent – Full Time
- Work schedule: Full-Time – Permanent
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary General Engineer or Physical Scientist duties for positions in the 0801/1301 series may include any of the following:
Duties will vary depending on the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Selecting Office.
- Directs the program planning and scheduling, and implementation of an assigned research and development program.
- Represents the Program Manager/supervisor as a principal speaker or discussion member in a wide variety of workshops, seminars, and conferences involving governmental officials, trade and professional associations, industry representatives, and interest groups to communicate the program objectives, benefits, and offerings.
- Performs duties that span the full scope of the Office mission and activities, including planning, budgeting, developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating initiatives. Provides substantive input budget formulation and justification, as well as budget execution for assigned program area.
This position may be filled in multiple areas:
Geothermal Technologies Office- Washington, DC (GS 15 – $137,839-$166,500) OR Golden, Colorado (GS 15 – $134,629-$166,500)
The positions below will be filled in Washington, DC only (GS 15 – $137,839-$166,500):
- Advanced Manufacturing Office
- Solar Energy Technologies Office
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
- Subject to satisfactory security and/or suitability determinations.
- May be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- Resume must be submitted online or in person at the Job Fair
You MUST submit your unofficial college transcripts from an appropriately accredited educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to document completion of the educational requirements for this position.
The unofficial transcripts must be legible and include your name, major, school name/location, course title/number, date completed, grade and number of credits earned.
Basic Qualification Requirements for All Professional Engineering Positions: Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science.
Basic Qualification Requirements for all General Physical Science Positions: Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics; or a combination of education and experience – education equivalent to one of the majors shown above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Additional information regarding qualifications can be found on the OPM website at Professional and Scientific Positions, General Engineer Positions, and General Physical Science Positions.
“NOTE: Specific educational requirements are required for this vacancy: Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts, or any report from the institution listing institution, course title, credits earned and final grade. Please see the Education section for more information.”
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet minimum qualifications for the position to be referred for consideration.
For qualifications, education background etc, see details provided via the link below.