Job: Technical Sales Advisor, Geothermal, Europe & Africa – Seequent, UK
Seequent is seeking to fill the position of Technical Sales Advisor - geothermal energy for Africa & Europe based at the company's offices in the UK.
New Zealand-headquartered software house Seequent is seeking to fill a position of a Technical Sales Advisor – Geothermal Energy – Europe & Africa.
Seequent is a world leader in the development of data visualization software. Our solutions (including Leapfrog and Blockbuster) enable people to create rich stories and uncover valuable insights from geological data, and ultimately make better decisions about their earth, environment and energy challenges. As the global provider of the market-leading Leapfrog software suite, we are continually pushing the envelope and innovating in our target markets.
A growing global organization, we have offices in Denver, Canada, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and the UK. Our primary software development centres are in New Zealand (head office) and Canada.
Seequent now operates across multiple sectors including Energy, Civil and Environmental and Mining & Minerals. This role would be an integral part of the Energy team. Want to work in a dynamic company pushing the boundaries in geothermal energy? Enjoy travel and new experiences? Are you willing to challenge yourself? This could be the role for you!
As part of a strategy to deliver on the growth targets for the Energy Sector the team is growing to provide more bandwidth in this industry. The Technical Sales Advisor – Energy will be a member of the global energy team reporting to the Global Director – Energy.
The Role and Opportunity
The focus of the role will be to grow Geothermal Energy at Seequent by increasing user numbers, capabilities and driving awareness of our software. Key functions of the role are to support existing and new customers and create networks within the industry.
This role will be based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK.
The role will support the work of the Global Director for Energy in supporting and contributing to the growth of global markets.
While the role has a business development focus, technical understanding or ability is also a key competency.
- While the role has a business development focus, technical understanding or ability is also a key competency. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting customers within the region through training and general assistance with our software;
- Providing technical and business development leadership in the Energy business at Seequent;
- Providing support to the Global Business Manager with Technical, Sales and Business Development;
- Owning sales and structure within your region; and
- Reporting business activities and performance within your region.
- To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in geoscience, engineering or a closely related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the geothermal or oil and gas industries;
- Experience in commercial software projects or testing an advantage;
- Business development experience an advantage;
- Proven team player and conflict management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and build sustainable working relationships;
- Ability to work well independently, at times remotely, and self-manage workload effectively;
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of how cultural differences influence business relations;
- Excellent skills in time management, communication and setting priorities;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get “hands on”; and
- Innovative, open and able to work in a fast growing, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Seequent’s global team is diverse – we’re geologists, geoscientists, software engineers, salespeople and communication specialists. We’re technical experts who are motivated by the challenges our customers face. We use the experience of our people to solve the highly complex problems of today, and work towards the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
We offer competitive salaries plus you’ll be part of a fast-paced, innovative and agile organisation which values your professional growth and development.
If what we do is something that would get you out of bed in the morning, we would love to hear from you
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today through the link with a covering letter and CV.
In your cover letter, please include your:
- Right to work in the UK
- Notice period in your current role (if applicable)
- City where you are currently based
- Availability for face to face interviews
Source: Seequent via LinkedIn