Launch of Book on Perspectives for Geothermal Energy in Europe by R. Bertani
A new book by Ruggero Bertani of Enel Green Power and President of EGEC on the "Perspectives for Geothermal Energy in Europe" will be launched this week.
The European Geothermal Energy Council has announced the publication of a new book by its President, Ruggero Bertani of Enel Green Power, Italy.
The book on “Perspectives for Geothermal Energy in Europe” will be launched at an event at the GeoTHERM geothermal trade show in Offenburg, Germany taking place February 15-16, 2017.
The potential for energy transformation from geothermal heat is limitless. For millennia natural sources of this energy, in the form of thermal springs, have been used by populations for heating, cooking and bathing. Modern-day usage has been extended to electricity generation from binary cycle power plants, heat extraction from geothermal heat pumps and use in greenhouses for industrial crop growing. Perspectives for Geothermal Energy in Europe highlights the status of geothermal energy in countries where natural sources of this energy are available. It concludes with a presentation of current geothermal policy and regulations within Europe, and discussion of how this fits in with the EU Energy and Climate Framework.
Suitable for students, academics and practitioners in the fields of energy studies, geology and the earth sciences, electrical engineering and environmental economics, this book is the first comprehensive review of the practicalities of geothermal extraction and use in Europe.
- Introduction (Ruggero Bertani)
- Geothermal Energy in Europe (Philippe Dumas)
- Binary Plants for Continental European Electricity Development (Joseph Bonafin)
- The Icelandic Experience on Integrated Geothermal Utilization (Olafur Flovenz & Brynja Jónsdóttir)
- The Italian Challenge for Geothermal Energy (Adele Manzella, Assunta Donato, Gianluca Gola & Eugenio Trumpy)
- The Turkish Geothermal Experience (Sakir Simsek)
- Unlocking Geothermal Energy from Mature Oil and Gas Basins: A Success Story from the Netherlands (Jan Diederik Van Wees, Maarten Pluymaekers, Damien Bonté, Serge Van Gessel & Hans Veldkamp)
- Geothermal Heat Pumps (Ladsi Rybach & Burkhard Sanner)
- Policy and Regulation in Europe (Luca Angelino)
Readership: Students, academics and practitioners in the fields of energy studies, geology and the earth sciences, electrical engineering and environmental economics.
Book presentation and Meet&Greet with the authors
- Wednesday 15th February, from 12:00 to 12:40
- GeoTHERM, Offenburg
- Baden-Arena, EGEC booth / Stand n.5