Nevada Geothermal Power reports on progress for Blue Mountain Plant
Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. update on the construction and operations activities at its Blue Mountain 'Faulkner 1' 49.5 megawatt (MW) (gross) binary cycle geothermal power plant.
In a recent company statement, Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. (TSX-V:NGP) provides an update on the construction and operations activities at its Blue Mountain ‘Faulkner 1’ 49.5 megawatt (MW) (gross) binary cycle geothermal power plant.
In the report, the company states that it “has entered into a Procurement and Construction agreement with Industrial Builders Inc. to perform turnkey construction services for a geothermal fluid gathering and re-injection system (pipeline) connecting to the Power Plant, and production and injection wells.
The agreement includes the procurement of materials and equipment, construction, testing and supervision of testing. Pipeline foundation work has begun and the start of running the pipeline installation will commence later this week.”
In addition, the company provides the “following status updates:
- All six Ormat turbines are installed
- Switchyard at the Blue Mountain power plant is complete
- Transmission power poles are set with power lines being strung and will be completed by the end of May
- Administration building and cooling tower framework is complete
- Cooling tower fans are being installed and side panel installation is nearing completion
- Core employees hired for the operation of the ‘Faulkner 1’ power plant
- Communication system construction underway
NGP has completed three successful injector wells (58-15, 58A-15 and recently completed 57-15) and is presently drilling deep well 61-22. Thereafter an additional shallow injection well will be drilled. Well field completion is within the critical timeline for plant testing.”
Source: Company statement via MarketWire