Nevada Geothermal update on Blue Mountain project
Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. provided an update on the construction activities at its Blue Mountain geothermal power project "Blue Mountain's 'Faulkner 1'.
Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. (TSX-V:NGP) provided an update on the construction activities at its Blue Mountain geothermal power project. “Blue Mountain’s ‘Faulkner 1’ includes the construction and operation of a 49.5 MW (gross) binary cycle geothermal power plant.
“NGP is on track to successfully develop the ‘Faulkner I’ geothermal power plant at Blue Mountain. NGP is accomplishing landmark milestones and realizing our objective of becoming a significant and profitable geothermal power producer,” stated Brian Fairbank, President and CEO of Nevada Geothermal Power Inc.
The power plant construction under an Engineering Procurement Construction contract with Ormat Nevada Inc., a subsidiary of Ormat Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ORA), is proceeding on schedule and within budget with the following status report:
- All foundations for the power plant equipment and the cooling tower are complete;
- Switch yard and piping foundations are underway;
- Cooling tower is under construction;
- Access road improvements are complete;
- Electrical system, plant control, maintenance, administration office building is under construction;
- On January 22, 2009, Ormat delivered first components for the power plant, including isopentane storage tank, condensers and diffusers for the three Ormat Energy Converters (OEC’s).
For more details see the complete update by NGP, link below.
Source: Company statement via CNN Money