Request for EOI – Consultancy – Project Manager – Geothermal, St. Lucia
The Government of Saint Lucia, is seeking to hire a Project Manager on consultancy basis for its geothermal energy project funded by the World Bank.
The Government of St. Lucia in the Caribbean has issued a Request for Expressions of Interest for its Saint Lucia Renewable Energy Sector Development Project.
The Assignment is “Consulting Services – Project Manager”, project number P161316, Reference No. SLU-RESDP-CS-IC-PM-02-19.
Saint Lucia has received financing from the World Bank towards the Renewable Energy Sector Development Project (RESDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for engagement of a Project Manager. The consulting services (“the Services”) include the day to day management and coordination of activities related to the implementation of the Project.
The Project Manager among others will be required to use effective project management tools to plan, direct, manage, monitor and control project activities and resources as it relates to risk, scope, quality, cost and time of the project, Work closely and collaborate with the existing Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of the Department of Economic Development, the World Bank, the Exploration Management Consultant, Saint Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC), the National Utilities Regulatory Commission (NURC), Eastern Caribbean Energy Regulators Agency (ECERA), and other relevant line Ministries and Agencies.
The Project Manager will be engaged on a full-time basis and will work from the Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy. (Details on the Terms of Reference may be obtained by accessing www.finance.gov.lc and www.govt.lc/consultancy).
The Department of Economic Development, Transport and Civil Aviation now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Individual Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services; (Curriculum Vitae, description of similar assignments, etc). Interested Consultants should have the following requisite minimum qualifications and professional experiences listed below for undertaking the assignment.
Minimum Required Education and Experience for Selection
- Master’s degree in a relevant area (such as engineering, project management or business administration) with 5 years professional experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area (such as engineering, project management or business administration) with 10 years professional experience.
- Project management experience of at least 3 infrastructure projects of similar scope or complexity. Experience with public sectors / multilateral development bank projects would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience using professional project management tools.
- Proven experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with procurement of engineering services, management of consultancy contracts, and budgeting and reporting. Knowledge of World Bank procurement and financial management guidelines would be an asset;
- Experience working with vulnerable groups would be an asset (including women, youth, elderly as well as the socio-economically and geographically marginalized);
- Experience working in developing countries. Experience in the Caribbean Region would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and communication skills
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Procurement in Investment Project Financing: Goods, Works, Non Consulting and Consulting Services, August 2018, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Procurement in Investment Project Financing: Goods, Works, Non Consulting and Consulting Services, August 2018.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (0800 to 1600 hours).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by February 6, 2019.
Project Coordination Unit
Department of Economic Development, Transport and Civil Aviation
Attn: Project Coordinator
2 nd Floor, Finance Administrative Centre
Trou Garnier, Pointe Seraphine
Request for EOI (pdf)
Source: Government of St. Lucia