Request for EOI – Engineering consultancy, Laguna Colorada geothermal project, Bolivia
The National Electricity Company of Bolivia (ENDE) is seeking to establish an initial list of interested consultants for work on the 50 MW stage of the Laguna Colorada geothermal project in the Andes of Bolivia.
The National Electricity Company of Bolivia (ENDE) has published a request for “Expressions of Interest Obtaining a short list of ‘Consulting Services for the Construction of the power plant of the Laguna Colorada Geothermal Project”.
The National Electricity Company (ENDE), in compliance with its obligations and responsibilities in the electricity sector and its role in the energy production chain, is carrying out the Laguna Colorada Geothermal Plant Project in the area of ??Campo Sol de Tomorrow, and aims to provide renewable energy to the Interconnected System National (SIN), and contribute to the economic development of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
Through the Project, it is expected to increase the generation of electricity to support the national demand and electricity export goals, diversifying the energy matrix and contributing to the mitigation of the impact of climate change. For the execution of the Project, the Governments of Bolivia and Japan signed the Contract of BV-P6 financing and cooperation loan, between the International Cooperation Agency of Japan (JICA) and the Plurinational State of Bolivia, being the National Electricity Company (ENDE) the executing agency of the Project.
To meet the objectives of the Project, ENDE is looking to hire a consulting firm experienced engineering for the “Consulting Services for the Construction of the Plant Energy of the Laguna Colorada Geothermal Project”. As ENDE, invites companies to submit expressions of interest to qualify and obtain a Short List for hiring of “Consulting Services for the Construction of the Project’s Power Plant Laguna Colorada geothermal ”.
II Scope of the Consulting Service
The specific scope of the Consultant’s work for the “Consulting Services for the Construction of the Laguna Colorada Geothermal Project Energy Plant ”, are defined in three stages, which are described below:
- a) Plan, monitor and evaluate all drilling work, activities and well tests for 16 wells in the field, in charge of an Integrated Drilling Service.
- b) Design, plan and supervise the intervention to be carried out in the existing wells
- c) Update the geothermal conceptual model before and after drilling
- d) Preparation of the prognosis of each well
- e) Evaluate the well completion tests
- f) Update the drilling prognosis after every 5 perforations, before drilling the following wells, taking into account the results of the previous drilling (2 times of update is estimated in total during drilling).
- g) Establish the development plan of the geothermal field and evaluation of the second unit of most convenient power plant (50 MW expected) for the third stage.
- a) Design the basic engineering for the development, acquisition and construction of the geothermal plant (first 50 MW), based on all data.
- b) Design a detailed engineering for the Fluid Collector Reinjection System (FCRS) according with the requirements of the Geothermal Plant
- c) The Consultant must prepare the required bidding documents for the selection of contractors, for the construction of the two Plant and FCRS packages mentioned above
- d) The Consultant must assist in all international bidding activities and processes that lead to hire the two Contractors to carry out the implementation of the works. If new well test results are acquired during the processes of tender, the Consultant must update the basic design and inform the bidders if they exist major changes in it.
- e) The Consultant must supervise the Plant Works and FCRS.
- a) Based on the results of the First Stage, the Consultant must design the engineering basic for the development, acquisition and construction of the second unit of the plant (expected 50 MW), based on all the data available in the First Stage.
- b) Design a detailed engineering for the FCRS in accordance with the requirements of the geothermal plant
- c) The Consultant must prepare the bidding documents required for the selection of contractors for both Plant and FCRS packages
- d) The Consultant must attend ENDE during all bidding activities and processes international leading to hire a Contractor responsible for carrying out the works implementation
- e) The Consultant must supervise the Plant Works and FCRS
Further details via the official document of the release (in Spanish, pdf)
The National Electricity Company – ENDE, publicly invites companies legally constituted to present expressions of interest.
For questions, the following is the email set up for answering questions parties might have: [email protected]
DOCUMENT OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Those interested may obtain the Document of Expression of Interest, as of November 11 of the current year in the following pages – https://www.ende.bo/expresiones-de-interes/vigentes/
PRESENTATION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: They must submit via email [email protected], on December 2 of this until 3:00 p.m.
Cochabamba, November 2019
EXPRESIÓN DE INTERÉS OBTENCIÓN DE LISTA CORTA “SERVICIOS DE CONSULTORÍA PARA LA CONSTRUCCIÓN DE LA PLANTA DE ENERGÍA DEL PROYECTO GEOTÉRMICO LAGUNA COLORADA”
Proyecto: PROYECTO GEOTÉRMICO LAGUNA COLORADA
Objeto: SERVICIOS DE CONSULTORÍA PARA LA CONSTRUCCIÓN DE LA PLANTA DE ENERGÍA DEL PROYECTO GEOTÉRMICO LAGUNA COLORADA
Presentación de Propuestas: 2019-12-02
Observaciones: EXPRESIÓN DE INTERÉS OBTENCIÓN DE LISTA CORTA