Tender: Bidder qualification for 140 MW PPP Olkaria Geothermal Power project
KenGen has released tender details for the financing, design, supply, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the 140 MW Olkaria PPP Geothermal Power Project under BOOT basis.
Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) has published a Request for Qualifications of Bidders for the financing, design, supply, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the 140 MW Olkaria Public-Private-Partnership Geothermal Power Project located at Olkaria, Nakuru Country on a Build, Own, Operate, Transfer (BOOT) basis.
- Eligibility: Open International
- Tender Document 1 : View / Download
- Tender Document 2: View / Download
- Tender Document 3: View / Download
- Date Published: Nov 5th, 2019 00:00
- Site Visit – Date for the Investor Conference: 27th November 2019 Time: 0900-1600 hours
- Date Tender Closes: Dec 23rd, 2019 10:00
- Tender Opening Date: Dec 23rd, 2019 10:30
The Project encompasses the development of a geothermal power generation project including all support facilities on a Build, Own, Operate, Transfer (BOOT) basis. KenGen shall be responsible for providing steam under a 25-year steam supply agreement and the Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) shall purchase electricity under a long-term agreement from the Project under a 25-year power purchase agreement. The Project will be developed through a special purpose vehicle incorporated under Kenyan Law. KenGen shall have the right to make a cash investment in the SPV constituting an ownership participation of 25% in the SPV.
Source: KenGen Tender Website