Tender: Full Service Geothermal Drilling Contract, Alalobad, Ethiopia
The World Bank has issued a tender notice with an invitation for bids for a Full Service Drilling Contractor and Consumable for Alalobad Geothermal Project with Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP), Ethiopia.
The World Bank has published a Procurement Notice for Ethiopia – P133613 – Ethiopia Geothermal Sector Development Project – ET-EEP-24663-CW-RFB
The invitation for bids for a Full Service Drilling Contractor and Consumable for Alalobad Geothermal Project in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia with Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP).
The contract is tendered under a loan agreement of the World Bank with EEP/ Ethiopia.
Tender identification number: ET-EEP-24663-CW-RFB
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business; issue no: WB3045-06/14 of June 10, 2014
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association/IDA/ toward the cost of Geothermal Sector Development Project/GSDP/, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for procurement of Full Service Drilling Contractor and Consumable for Alalobad Geothermal Project with its tender no. ET-EEP-24663-CW-RFB
- The Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for procurement of Full Service Drilling Contractor and Consumable for Alalobad Geothermal project.The Full Service Drilling Contractor (FSDC) shall supply all the necessary associated services, experienced personnel, tools, equipment and material to Drill 4 wells and 2 optional additional wells based on the outcome of first 4 wells at Alalobad Geothermal site.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ethiopian Electric Power: Head Quarter, Kirkos Kifle Ketema Woreda 07 House ? 944/045, Ras Abebe Aregar Street, Meba buildinglocated around AAU College of Commerce, Behind Awash International Bank Head Quarter – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Attn.: Mr. Kefyalew Mergiya – Director, Procurement, Procurement office, Ground Floor, Room No.-01, Tel.: +251-115-580597, Fax: +251-115-529781, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address above from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday during official working hours starting from July 3, 2019
- The detailed qualification and evaluation criteria are specified in the bidding document.
- A complete set of Bidding Document may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address mentioned under item 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee ETB 3,000 or USD 100 or in its equivalent in any freely convertible currency from the Ethiopian Electric Power, Procurement office. The method of payment shall be in cash or cashier’s check or through telegraphic transfer to EEP Main A/C No.: 1000068726372, Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE), Arada Giorgis Branch, Swift Code: CBETETAA; and EEP BUMBUNA HPP A/C No.0101181300051, National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE), Swift Code: NBETETAA, for ETB and Foreign Currency Account respectively starting from July 3, 2019.
- The bidding document may also be sent by courier to interested applicants if the courier is arranged and cost of courier is paid by the applicant.
- Bids must be delivered to the address stated under item 5 above on or before August 30, 2019, 2:00 PM. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person. Bids will be opened at the address mentioned under item 5 above on August 30, 2019, at 2:30 PM.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$ 300,000 or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency.
Official tender document (pdf)