Tender: Pre-qualification EPC contract for construction Olkaria I Unit 6, Kenya
The European Investment Bank has issued a pre-qualification note for the EPC contract for the construction of the 70 MW Olkaria I Unit 6 expansion for KenGen in Kenya.
Published by the Official Journal of the EU, the following tender by the European Investment Bank (EIB) has been issued.
Extension of a geothermal power plant (70 MW Olkaria I, Unit 6) – EPC contract
Loan Agreement No: [JICA KE-P26 , EIB FI No. 25.944/KE Serapis 2009-0674 and EIB FI No. 85030 Serapis No. 2015-0459]
IFP No: KGN-BDD-03-2016
- The Kenya Electricity Generating Company Ltd. (KenGen) and The Government of Kenya has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency and European Investment Bank (EIB) respectively and has further applied for additional funding from EIB towards the cost of the 70MW Olkaria 1 Unit 6 Geothermal Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loans will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this pre-qualification is conducted.
- The Kenya Electricity Generating Company Ltd. (KenGen) intends to prequalify contractors and/or firms for Engineering, Procurements and Construction of The 70 MW Olkaria 1 Additional Unit 6 Geothermal Project consisting of One Unit of 70 MW, including the associated infrastructure such as cooling towers, separators, turbo-generators, direct contact condenser, gas extraction system, water circulation system, auxiliary cooling system, electrical and control instrumentation systems, main and services transformers, building constructions with the facilities for the equipment, control room, technical offices and other relevant facilities
- It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in Late May 2016.
- Pre-qualification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans for which European Investment Bank (EIB) has agreed to adopt the format of this Standard Procurement Document ‘Standard Pre-qualification Documents’ (version 1.1) published by JICA in October, 2012 for the pre-qualification of Bidders, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Pre-qualification Documents at the office of Supply Chain Director, KenGen, Ground Floor, Stima Plaza Phase III, Kolobot Road, Parklands from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.
- Applications for pre-qualification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by April 22 , 2016 and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for “Application to Prequalify for 70 MW Olkaria 1 Additional Unit 6 Geothermal Project, Contract for EPC 70 MW Power Plant.”
The Company Secretary and Legal Director, Kenya Electricity Generating Co. Ltd, 7th Floor, Stima Plaza Phase III, Kolobot Road, Parklands, Po Box 47936 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.