UNEP seeking Geothermal Consultant for ARGeo project
UNEP is seeking a geothermal specialist with evaluation experience to undertake a mid-term evaluation of the UNEP ‘Africa Rift Geothermal Development Facility project’.
UNEP is seeking a geothermal specialist with evaluation experience to undertake a mid-term evaluation of the UNEP ‘Africa Rift Geothermal Development Facility project’. The project spans 6 countries Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania. The project aims to: (i) provide technical and financial support to enable governments to take the lead in generating the scientific, technical, and economic information for selected priority geothermal energy prospect areas and develop scientifically sound geothermal development project proposals (ii) Support regional networking and information sharing, and strengthen human, infrastructural and institutional capacities for geothermal energy development (iii) Contribute to the development of the needed national policies and legislations as well as institutional and regulatory frameworks to attract private developers.
The evaluator should have:
- A masters or higher in Geothermal Energy Technology with over 10 years experience in the field
- Extensive evaluation experience, including of large, regional or global programmes and using a Theory of Change approach.
- Extensive team leadership experience;
- Broad understanding of large-scale, consultative assessment processes and factors influencing use of assessments and/or scientific research;
- Knowledge of the UN system, and specifically of UNEP if possible;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
The evaluator should not have had any involvement with the project. The evaluator will be required to travel to at least 3 of the 6 countries. The evaluation will start early 2015. Daily rate will be dependent on the evaluators experience and qualifications. If interested please send CV’s to: William.Adams@unep.org
Source: Green Africa Daily