2020 Geothermal Resources Council Scholarships – deadline extended to May 29, 2020
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) has extended the deadline for submissions for the 2020 GRC Student Geothermal Scholarship Awards to May 29, 2020.
Attention students: GRC has decided to extend the deadline for the 2020 GRC Student Scholarship Award submissions to May 29th.
To qualify for any of these awards a student must be a GRC member (student memberships are only $20 per year). Selection of recipients will be based upon a variety of factors, including the individual’s academic record, student activities, geothermal industry experience, and career goals.
The following awards are available:
- Five (5) Marcelo Lippmann Graduate Scholarship Awards of $2500 – to be eligible for one of these awards, the candidate must be enrolled in a graduate-level program at an accredited academic institution at the time of the award (Fall 2020). If selected, each recipient is required to submit a paper on his/her research (or research progress) to be published in the GRC Transactions and deliver results at the meeting as either a poster or oral presentation. If the recipient presents in the year of the award then the full $2500 is awarded at that time; if the recipient defers to present/publish the following year then $750 is withheld until the following year when the recipient presents.
- Three (3) GRC Undergraduate Scholarship Awards of $500 – to be eligible for one of these awards, the candidate must be a third or fourth year undergraduate at an accredited academic institution at the time of the award (Fall 2020).
Applications must be received by May 29, 2020 to be considered.
Applications must include:
- Copies of all relevant college transcripts.
- List of student activities, including offices held, as well as a list and brief description of all extracurricular and/or community activities.
- List of geothermal-related classes and any relevant field or operational experience.
- A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. No more than three (3) letters will be considered during the review process.
- A letter of application discussing the applicant’s background, career goals and objectives, with particular reference to applicant’s relationship to geothermal energy, is required. The letter should state how the applicant intends to use the scholarship money and what results (publications, thesis etc.) will be produced. Applicants must explain the relationship between their studies and geothermal energy research and/or development. Geothermal projects can be related to all aspects of the geothermal industry.
Please state clearly in your application letter the award for which you are applying.
To apply for a GRC Scholarship Award, please click HERE