Conference – Geothermal Resources in Sedimentary Basins, Edmonton, 14-18 October, 2019
The 2019 Geothermal Resources in Sedimentary Basins Conference will be held on October 14 to 18 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The 2019 Geothermal Resources in Sedimentary Basins Conference will be held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on October 14-18, 2019. This conference is a multidisciplinary meeting dedicated to sharing knowledge and insight into the development of geothermal resources in sedimentary basins worldwide.
- October 14-15, 2019 – Field excursions in the Rocky Mountains (Limited space)
- October 16-17, 2019 – Conference
- October 18, 2019 – Short courses offered at the University of Alberta North Campus (Limited space)
Call for Abstracts
Abstract format and submission procedures will be posted in March 2019. Authors will be invited to submit abstracts and share their latest findings, research, and experience with the global geothermal community in one or more of the themes.
Who should attend?
Academics, industry, government officials, and students from all countries working in developing or enhancing any information pertaining to geothermal resources worldwide.
If you are interested in participating, please send an e-mail to [email protected] for a preliminary (non-binding) registration. This will ensure that you receive further information about the Conference as it becomes available.
Proposed session topics
- Geologic Modeling
- Geophysical Exploration for Geothermal Resources in Sedimentary Basins
- Reservoir Engineering
- Reservoir Characterization
- Geochemical Risks
- Direct Use
- Regulatory Considerations
- Economic Feasibility, Geothermal for Community Development
- Low-Temperature Electricity Generation
- Indigenous and Traditional Uses of Geothermal Power
- Social Acceptance / Social License / Legitimacy
- Facilitating Energy Transitions / Re-purposing of Legacy Energy Assets (e.g., Abandoned Wells)