EOI – Optimization study of Greater Olkaria Geothermal Field, Kenya
KenGen is seeking Expressions of Interest for consultancy services for an optimization study of the Greater Olkaria Geothermal Field in Kenya.
KenGen has announced a call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for consulting services to conduct an optimization study of the Greater Olkaria Geothermal Fields in Kenya. Interested bidders need to submit the EOI on or before 22 November 2022, 10:00 AM local time. The official tender document can be found here.
The company aims to engage the services of reputable consulting firms to carry out a detailed optimization study and reservoir numerical modeling for the 204-km2 Greater Olkaria Geothermal Field. The objectives of the study are:
- Collate and process all the existing information and data for the entire field
- Create a structured repository for all datasets
- Assess the data and advise KenGen on the additional data needed
- Analyze the data and develop reservoir model covering the entire field
- Carry out numerical simulation of the response of the reservoir with respect to present production and future developments. The reservoir simulation code should incorporate well bore flow simulation.
- Upgrade and configure KenGen’s parallel computing cluster used in numerical modeling.
- Identify the development strategy that matches best to the reservoir response for long term exploitation of the field.
- Advise KenGen on the most optimum development for the field with respect to
- Optimum output (MW), Plant sizes, Process cycle and Locations
- Development stages
- Reservoir monitoring and Reinjection strategy for the whole field
- Prepare economic and financial analysis of proposed and recommended development options.
Interested parties may request for clarifications on the EOI up to seven days before the submission date. Any requests must be made by paper mail, facsimile, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to: Ponyango1@kengen.co.ke)