GEMex Conference – Superhot Geothermal Sytems and Dev’t of EGS, Potsdam – 18-19 Feb 2020
The final conference of the GEMex - European and Mexican research group to develop exploration approaches and address exploitation concepts for superhot geothermal resources and for hot EGS, will hold its final conference on "Superhot Geothermal Systems and Development of EGS - from identification to characterisation and sustainable use", 18-19 February 2020 in Potsdam, Germany.
The GEMex project is a research cooperation between a European consortium (funded through H2020) and a Mexican consortium (funded by CONACyT) to develop exploration approaches and address exploitation concepts for superhot geothermal resources and for hot Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS).
The project includes resource assessment, exploration and characterisation of the deep structures, advanced reservoir models and exploitation concepts incl. drilling, stimulation and operational issues. In addition, environmental impact was assessed and public acceptance was actively investigated.
The final conference of GEMex – Superhot Geothermal Systems and Development of EGS – from identification to characterisation and sustainable use – will serve as a platform to present and discuss results from the project and to learn about other international research and projects related to the topics of superhot geothermal sources (SHGS) and hot EGS. Contributions are encouraged addressing any of the aspects associated with the investigation, development and/or exploitation of such geothermal resources in any part of the world.
- Dates: 18-19 February 2020
- Location: GFZ, Potsdam, Germany
- Superhot Geothermal Systems (SHGS)
- High-temperature Engineered Geothermal Systems (EGS)
- Novel and innovative exploration concepts
- Data integration
- Resource assessment
- Reservoir characterization
- Reservoir modelling
- Drilling technologies and well integrity
- Social acceptance and public engagement
- Monitoring concepts
Registration Event admission is free of charge. For registration to the GEMex Final Conference, please register online until January 24, 2020.
- 1 Nov 2019 Conference registration and abstract submission open
- 15 Dec 2019 Abstract submission closes
- 17 Jan 2020 Notification of accepted authors (fast-track notification for non-European submissions)
- 24 Jan 2020 Registration closes
17 February 2020
- 13:00 – 17:00 General Assembly of the GEMex project, restricted to GEMex participants only
- 17:00 – 19:00 Ice-breaker (building H, Foyer)
18 February 2020
- 8:15 registration
- 09:00 – 10:30 Opening ceremony
- 11:00 – 13:00 Session1: Presentations
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Session 2: Posters
- 16:00 – 17:30 Session 3: Presentations
- 19:00 – 22:00 Conference Dinner
19 February 2020
- 09:00 – 10:30 Session 4: Presentations
- 11:00 – 13:00 Session 5: Posters
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Session 5: Presentations
- 16:00 – 17:30 Closing Session
20 February 2020
Field trip: Sightseeing tour in Potsdam Sanssouci Park, possibly with visit of the New Palace On 20 February 2020, EERA-JPGE has foreseen a meeting in the morning. EERA-JPGE members are therefore invited to check with EERA-JPGE secretary before you book your journey.
Source: Conference first Circular (pdf) via IGA