How to unlock geothermal energy for applications in greenhouses – webinar recording
This interview of Mariska Dreschler of GreenTech and Dr. Marit Brommer of IGA, provides an interesting insight in the potential role of geothermal energy for the greenhouse/ horticulture sector.
In a webinar earlier this month by GreenTech in the Netherlands, Dr. Marit Brommer, Executive Director of the International Geothermal Association (IGA), talked with Mariska Dreschler, Director Horticulture at GreenTech.
The topic of the discussion was how one can use geothermal energy for the horticulture sector. More information: www.greentech.nl
In the interview, they talked about:
- Why is geothermal energy a logical source for greenhouses
- The sustainability factors of sustainable energies such as geothermal usage
- What are the goals and missions of the IGA
- The misconceptions about geothermal energy
- The consequences of energy transition from gas and oil to sustainable energies
- What are the basic necessities to implement and apply geothermal energy
- Examples of best practices of geothermal energy in greenhouses