Job: Assistant Operator – Geothermal Plant Enel Green Power in Fallon, Nevada
Enel Green Power is advertising a job for Assistant Operator at its geothermal power plant facility in Fallon, Nevada.
Enel Green Power is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Operator of its geothermal power plant in Fallon, Nevada.
This position is responsible for the monitoring, learning operation, resetting, and inspection of power plant equipment. They will also be fully responsible for daily grounds keeping labor, and assisting in preventative maintenance as scheduled and corrective maintenance when required or needed.
- Grounds keeping of the Solar Fields, Geothermal Plant, Geothermal Well pads, consisting of field weed abatement and housekeeping of site buildings as required.
- Inspection of PV module strings, and photo-voltaic (PV) panels for cleanliness and signs of physical damage, to ensure there no high resistance connections exist and that the solar field is operating at peak efficiency during daylight hours.
- Routine inspection and assistance in preventative maintenance on PV Strings, Power Inverters, Auxiliary Support Equipment, Grid-Tie components, support structure, Geothermal Wells, Geothermal Plant equipment
- Complete any other assigned tasks or duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor, or other site supervision personnel.
- Safe operation of plant heavy equipment i.e. man lift, forklift, water truck. Inspection of vehicles as needed.
- Performs any other projects or assignments as requested by Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Tool or spare parts inventory as needed.
- Will support Maintenance activities as needed
- Work with and adheres to safety programs, ie, lock out tag out, Hot work, and line breaking, confined space.
- Knowledge of Electrical fundamentals and how it pertains to electrical safety practices a plus.
- Knowledge of photo-voltaic (PV) panels, inverters, breakers, low and medium voltage switchgear, transformers, and any other Industrial electrical equipment a plus.
- Ability to assist and respond in prompt repair any equipment that could cause a reduction in overall plant power output or efficiency
- Availability to work into the evening hours (after dark), to perform preventative maintenance and not affect overall availability of the equipment if needed.
- Knowledge of or capability to learn how to operate all terrain fork lift, man lift, water truck.
- A CDL with air brake indorsement a preferred, or ability to obtain a CDL within 6 months of hire needed.
- Must be able to use all basic hand tools, landscaping tools, and landscaping power equipment.
- Must be able to effectively use all basic industrial PPE.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
- The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.