Job – Business Advisor, Geothermal, EBN, Utrecht, Netherlands
State-owned EBN in the Netherlands is seeking applicants for an open position for a Business Advisor/ Geothermal at its offices in Utrecht, Netherlands. Language requirement is excellent command of Dutch and English.
EBN in the Netherlands has advertised an open position looking for a Business Advisor for Geo-energy, which contributes to optimizing the social value of the deep Dutch subsurface. The position is full-time based in Utrecht, Netherlands. (attention, language requirements are fluency in Dutch and English)
EBN is a special company in the energy sector, whose shares are 100% owned by the Dutch state. We have been using knowledge, skills and effectiveness for 55 years to make an active and significant contribution to our future sustainable energy system. In doing so, we give the energy transition a binding force and convert social ambitions into reality. That is what we do and that is our drive: Energizing the Transition.
For our Geo-energy theme, we are looking for a Business Advisor to help develop existing and new geothermal energy activities. The Geo-energy theme currently consists of four teams: Market Development, Technology, Asset Management and the UDG / SCAN / Interreg project team. You will work as a Business Advisor in the Market Development Team.
As a Business Advisor you combine your own business insights with those from and from the market and government policy. You will use this to actively promote, set up and expand EBN’s role within the new partnerships and underground activities. You are good at thinking and working on business cases and financial models. You:
- With your knowledge and expertise, it contributes beyond discipline to advising external parties on the smarter development of geothermal energy, both in terms of quality and the associated costs.
- Contributes to initiating and setting up partnerships between different parties such as green deals, cost reduction programs, regional energy strategies (RES), transition visions heat (TVWs), geothermal energy in heat networks, to achieve higher quality in the implementation, which fits in well with the environment in which the parties operate.
- Contributes to promoting and expanding the role of EBN within (existing) partnerships.
- Helps to set up new activity and improve existing activities. This can relate to geothermal energy, oil and gas activities, carbon capture storage (CCS), or other energy systems related to the subsurface.
- Performs and presents analyzes.
- Are a connecting discussion partner for the Ministry of Economic Affairs, EBN’s business partners and other relevant parties.
You work result-oriented and can easily organize, execute or outsource projects independently. You enjoy working in a complex and rapidly changing environment and are a connecting discussion partner for colleagues and external parties. What else do we ask of you?
- You are university educated, preferably in a technical or earth science direction or in the direction of economics / business administration.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable work experience in the field of business development, financial-economic models, public-private partnerships.
- Affinity with and knowledge of geothermal energy, heating systems, the energy transition, the oil and gas industry and the transition to sustainable use of the Dutch subsurface.
- You have a relevant network.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written.
What we offer
A unique workplace in a growing company with an overview of the entire Dutch upstream energy sector. Together with your colleagues you have a positive impact on the energy transition in the Netherlands. We also offer you:
- An employment contract for 32 to 40 hours per week, with a salary that matches your knowledge and experience.
- 42 vacation days (based on full-time employment).
- Ability to take courses, including participation in EBN leadership program.
- A beautiful workplace in the heart of Utrecht with sports facilities and a trainer.
- In short: we offer you a Great Place to Work in every way!
Do you want to make a direct contribution to the renewal of the energy system in the Netherlands? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and CV. Apply no later than Wednesday 15 April 2020 via the button below! We ask you to enter some information and upload your CV and cover letter.