Job: Geothermal Drilling Manager, Schlumberger
Schlumberger has published a job opening for a Geothermal Drilling Engineer, with - likely - global geothermal projects in the Spanish speaking world, Indonesia and Turkey.
Schlumberger in Houston/ Texas has published an interesting job opening for a Geothermal Drilling Manager, with international geothermal project indications in the Spanish speaking world, as well as Indonesia and Turkey. The position has been published on LinkedIn.
The Geothermal Drilling Manager position has overall responsibility for geothermal aspects on a project and requires both detailed and broad well engineering and operations knowledge including the ability to design wells for a wide range of well types and different operations. They will have direct project work in geothermal energy exploration, development and resource evaluation, specifically in the stages of design, specification, budgeting and reporting of drilling new production and injection wells, working-over existing wells or controlling production/injection wells.
They expected to supervise and mentor more junior Well Engineers on a project and requires management skills in addition to technical competency.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Analysis of surface and subsurface data to interpret geologic and hydrothermal conditions
- Working jointly with engineering, drilling and economic specialists on integrated evaluation and planning projects (reservoir modeling, planning and execution of drilling operations, evaluation of budgets and project economics).
- Preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Project-site work which may include wellsite supervision and basic well testing.
- Reviews and approves the Well Proposal and Basis of Design and follows the execution of programs technically
- Reviews and approves Well Programs and End-of-Well reports
- Reviews and approves well operations procedures e.g. Casing running and cementing
- Participates in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment
- Ensures proper communication with relevant parties (client, Product Lines, third parties, etc)
- Participates in cost control of programs Vs AFE by analyzing solutions.
- Assures Technical Integrity of Well Operations programs.
- Participate in well performance reviews to ensure focus on increased ft/day and reduced flat time.
- Reviews and approves project well control briefing
- Reviews new technology for possible application to project
- Take active role in Drilling projects as assigned
- Uses InTouch for best practices, lessons learned and technical alerts
- Ensures best practices and lessons learned are transferred between all rigs on a project
- Verify invoices for service companies
- Deputize for Project Manager as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters degree or higher and experience in one or more of the following disciplines: drilling engineering, geology, hydrology
- Experiences relevant to the nature of the project and typically at least 5+ years Oilfield Drilling seniority in appropriate positions.
Ability to analyze and solve problems even in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to write clear, concise and organized documents in English
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Additional Experience And Competencies
- Experience in volcanic environments
- Experience in hydrothermal systems, including hydrothermal petrology
- Familiarity with principles of economics and finance
- Experience in drilling operations (familiarity with drilling procedures and data collection). Experience as Wellsite leader is ideal
- Second-language fluency, especially Spanish, Bahasa or Turkish
- Experience with SLB software for drilling analysis (Drillplan, etc)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
For further details etc, see link below.
Source: Schlumberger via LinkedIn