Job – Geothermal Engineer/ Analyst, Golden, CO
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is seeking for applicants for a position of geothermal engineer/ analyst.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is seeking to fill a position of geothermal engineer/ analyst at its offices in Golden, Colorado, U.S.
This position performs technology, market and economic analysis, with an emphasis on geothermal energy technology, systems, and infrastructure. Work carried out will support R&D and decision-maker support activities within the Geothermal program through the use of analysis methodologies such as economic feasibility, market transformation, risk, portfolio balance, and cost-versus-benefit.
Deliver quality products that synthesize the inputs of team members, researchers, market players, and other analysts. Utilize NREL geothermal and system models, and innovate new methods, tools, and approaches that enable greater understanding of geothermal systems.
Performs engineering/economic analyses of geothermal systems and electric transmission in cooperation with research community to gather and understand field data. Documents work in detailed technical memos and internal milestone reports; supports or leads publishing and presenting key results in peer-reviewed journals and at regional, national, and international scientific meetings and conferences. Supports the development of annual operating plans and assists with strategic planning efforts. Works with Department of Energy on technology goals and opportunities.
- Conduct objective research on geothermal technologies that generates independent, high quality, and reproducible results.
- Conduct objective research that generates independent, high quality, and reproducible results.
- Create technical reports, journal articles and presentations. It is expected that the delivered work will be of superior quality and will sometimes need to be delivered under aggressive timelines.
- Work with senior staff to conceive, design and create new analytical tasks and project ideas.
- Assist in the presentation of NREL’s geothermal capabilities to DOE and other potential sponsors and work with laboratory program managers and other key account managers to develop and propose distributed geothermal projects.
- Engage with external collaborators and stakeholders to stay current with industry and technology trends, and engage with external advisory panels to seek feedback on NREL’s analysis
PhD in engineering, Geoscience, or related field. Or, Master’s Degree in engineering, Geoscience, or related field, and 3 or more years of relevant experience. Or, Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Geoscience, or related field, and 5 or more years of relevant experience.
For further details and required qualifications see link below.
Source: NREL via LinkedIn Jobs