Job – Geothermal Facilities Engineer, Fervo Energy
U.S.-based geothermal developer Fervo Energy is seeking to hire for a position of Geothermal Facilities Engineer.
Geothermal developer Fervo Energy has published an open job position, seeking applicants for the position of Geothermal Facilities Engineer.
Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Geothermal Facilities Engineer will lead the design, development, and construction of surface facilities and transmission interconnections across Fervo’s portfolio of geothermal energy developments. This person will be responsible for project initiation, assessment, and scoping, budget estimation, execution planning, scheduling, cost monitoring, and construction oversight. The Geothermal Facilities Engineer will report to the Head of Development. The position can be remote but will require some travel to Fervo Energy’s principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno and to the field across the Western States.
- Utilizing project management principles, knowledge, and experience to manage full life cycle of surface facilities at Fervo’s existing and proposed project sites
- Executing design, specification, and construction management of Organic Rankine Cycle geothermal power plant facilities, existing production facility upgrades, pipelines, gathering systems, and transmission interconnection buildouts
- Developing preliminary, and eventually honing, budgetary estimates and schedules for active and prospective projects
- Engaging and maintaining relationships with major equipment suppliers to optimize facility design
- Acting as the primary technical lead during negotiations of major surface facility equipment supply contracts
- Collaborating across technical and commercial teams to successfully deliver projects on time and on budget
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and executing ongoing continuous improvement measures
- Analyzing transmission system operations data, tariffs, systems, and acting as in-house expert on project transmission interconnection elements
- Coordinating and leading transmission interconnection consultants
- 5 to 10 years of facilities engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another related field
- Experience with power facility construction management
- Experience with pipeline and gathering facility design
- Experience with utility interconnection processes and procedures
- Proficiency working with project management and scheduling software
- Effective written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to lead engineering efforts and work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple projects at different stages of development
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without employer-sponsored work authorization
- Experience with identification and evaluation of new technologies and their incorporation into facility projects
- Geothermal facilities and transmission interconnection experience
- Expertise with a wide range of renewable energy types
- Familiarity with subsurface science and drilling
- Trained in/ experienced in process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Agile)
Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno; Remote work with travel will be considered, but relocation to a Fervo office will ultimately be encouraged.