Job – Geothermal Geologist, GNS Science, NZ
GNS Science has an open job position for a geothermal geologist, among others supporting geology well services during drilling campaigns as well as GIS and geo-modelling work.
GNS Science in New Zealand is seeking to hire a Geothermal Geologist at its operations in New Zealand. The geologist is to support ongoing and future geothermal geology commercial projects and research programmes.
The successful candidate will provide support to the geothermal geology team. In addition, the role will include being part of an on-call 24/7 roster that provides geology well services during geothermal drilling campaigns. The role will focus on supporting the GIS and geo-modelling requirements of the team, working in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of experts to integrate and process geoscience data.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A strong background in volcanic/geothermal/epithermal geology with an active interest in being part of the geothermal industry
- Some experience working on drilling rig sites in the mineral, geothermal, geotechnical, and/or oil and gas industry (2+ year industry or consultancy experience required)
- Data management and data processing skills, including advanced GIS skills.
- Geomodelling skills preferred but not essential
- A desire to better understand complex physical systems through multidisciplinary data integration
- Ability to work as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills
- Result orientation, quality focussed and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative
About GNS Science
GNS Science, Te P? Ao, undertakes world-leading Earth science research. Our people are passionate, committed, and focused on bringing our vision of a cleaner, safer, more prosperous New Zealand to life. GNS offers a supportive, flexible work environment and professional career development.
Source: GNS Science via Seek.co.nz