Job: Geothermal Geologist with Mercury, New Zealand
Mercury in New Zealand has announced a job opening for a geothermal geologist at its Rotorua office.
Utility Mercury in New Zealand has announced an opportunity in the Rotorua Office for an experienced Geothermal Geologist. You will be responsible for providing technical advice on subsurface processes that impact upon reservoir and asset health. This will involve interpretation and reporting of geothermal resource information for the purpose of:
- long-term resource management; and
- developing, characterising, monitoring, optimising and valuing of Mercury’s geothermal resources; and
- regulatory and contractual compliance; and
- planning and support of well drilling and testing; and
- managing or supporting geology/geochemistry related projects within the Geothermal business unit.
Therefore your ability to work on multiple tasks and achieve deadlines will be key to your success in this role. The Geothermal Geologist will need to be able to work cohesively within a mutli-disciplinary team made up of people with a wide range of backgrounds.
In order to be successful in this role you need:
- A degree in Geologic Sciences
- At least 3-5 years experience of working within an earth sciences field, preferably in the geothermal industry
- A good mix of geology skills with a sound understanding of water-rock interaction
- Expertise in geophysics, structural geology or geochemistry would be an advantage
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Drilling and field operations experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good understanding of budgeting requirements, cost control and contractor management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability act effectively under time-pressure
We want people to join Mercury who embrace our Attitude – a combination of three powerful elements that work together:
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our Customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
In return for your experience and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive salary package, with benefits including life and income protection insurance and 5 extra days leave. Rotorua offers an attractive lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities to enjoy. If this sounds like the job for you we are looking forward to your application.
|POSTED||16 APR 2018|
|CLOSING||01 MAY 2018 17:00|
|WORK TYPE(S)||PERMANENT FULL TIME|
|MORE DETAILS (DOCUMENT)||GEOLOGIST PD APRIL 18.PDF|
Source: Carrers/ Mercury