Job – Geothermal Geoscientist, remote – Petrolern, U.S.
Petrolern LLC is seeking to hire a Geothermal Geoscientists with a minimum of 2-years of experience. PhD with primary education in geothermal preferred.
U.S.-based PETROLERN LLC is seeking a full-time “Geothermal Geoscientist” with at least 2 years of post-MS/PhD industry or research experience in geothermal energy exploration and development, to join its growing geothermal team. Experiences in geothermal exploration, feasibility studies and resources evaluation are preferred. Projects include both low-temperature/hydrothermal resources and high-temperature enhanced geothermal systems. This position will participate in the enabling of oil and gas companies to transition to profitable geothermal energy solutions. The job location is flexible, so international candidates are welcome to apply.
- Map low-temperature geothermal play fairways
- Screen low-temperature opportunities to convert late-stage or orphan oil industry wells to profitable geothermal power or heat
- Interface with power system partners to provide key reservoir and well parameters to optimize and execute profitable well conversion projects
- Propose novel ideas and develop innovative solutions for low and high temperature geothermal reservoirs
- Analyze and interpret relevant data and work with the engineering team on high-temperature enhanced geothermal systems.
- Coordinate work with clients and partners to deliver project results
- Generate proposals, reports, presentation, and other deliverables
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art geothermal knowledge, methodologies and technologies.
- Minimum 2 years of industry or post degree experience. PhD with primary education in geothermal is preferred
- Experience with GIS systems and data analyses
- Sound understanding of mapping geothermal play fairways
- Strong statistical and computational ability
- Strong report writing skills with expectation of publishing papers an articles
- Ability to collaborate with the multiple sectors and different industry experts including reservoir engineering, drilling engineering, power systems engineering, regulatory and environmental agencies
- Fluent in both written and spoken English with willingness to present to clients
- Good customer-facing skills and ability to deliver results on a tight schedule
- Great team player with willingness to synergize efforts
PETROLERN LLC is an award-winning technology and services company working on subsurface solutions for carbon storage, geothermal and oil and gas projects. We conduct cutting edge R&D, provide customized training courses, and execute global projects to increase our clients’ knowledge and profitability yet minimizing their environmental footprint. PETROLERN LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Source: Company via LinkedIn Jobs