Job: Geothermal Operator – Enel Green Power, Fallon, Nevada
Enel Green Power is seeking to fill the position of Geothermal Operator at its geothermal facilities in Fallon, Nevada.
Enel Green Power is advertising an open position for an Operator at its geothermal plant in Fallon, Nevada.
The Geothermal Power Plant Operator is qualified through the facilities qualification program to operate the Salt Wells Geothermal Facility, and perform outside operations of the Stillwater Geothermal, Stillwater Solar, and Stillwater CSP at the direction of the Control Room operator and Operations Supervisor. They are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plant equipment for which they have qualified. The Geothermal Power Plant Operator will read and record all parameters associated with an operating power plant and geothermal well field and Perform outside Duties as assigned.
- Day to day operations and monitoring of the power plant and well field.
- Performs weekly equipment inspections and/or operation.
- Updates plant procedures as necessary.
- Maintains records, and reports, including plant logs associated with the power plant.
- Operates the plant equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures during routine and upset situations
- Safe operation of plant heavy equipment i.e. man lift, forklift.
- Housekeeping duties of the plant, the control room as well as other assigned areas.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Timely completion of position related special projects as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Operations Supervisor or Manager.
- Drives and maintains company vehicles.
- Troubleshoots plant problems as assigned.
- Works with all Process Safety Management programs (LOTO, Hot work, Confined Space) as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the position.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Understanding of thermodynamic and electrical principles
- Operational power plant experience is a plus.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office suite.
- Successful completion of plant operations qualifications program for both the Salt Wells and Stillwater plants
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
Work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
Equipment: Hand tools, Power tools; Safety equipment including but not limited to; hard hat, safety glasses, work uniform, fall protection, life jacket flash suits, insulated gloves, leather gloves, safety-toed boots, push-in ear protection, and cold weather gear.
Source: Enel Green Power