Job – Geothermal Specialist, Swiss Federal Office of Energy
The Federal Office of Energy SFOE in Switzerland has published an open position for a Specialist in Geothermal Energy.
The Federal Office of Energy SFOE is looking for a Specialist in Geothermal Energy.
Our expertise at the service of the future
As part of this key function, you assume responsibilities and collaborate, in the field of energy policy, in the implementation of incentive measures aimed at ensuring the security of Switzerland’s energy supply.
- Lead the procedure for granting guarantees and investment contributions for geothermal energy
- Lead the procedure for granting financial contributions for the direct use of geothermal energy
- Develop other incentives for the use of geothermal energy
- Manage the competence center for the development of the market relating to the production of electricity and the use of heat from geothermal energy
- Develop bases and measures aimed at using the subsoil for other purposes, in particular as an energy reservoir or for the storage of greenhouse gases
- High school diploma in engineering or natural sciences (EPF)
- Engineering experience in drilling, wellbore, production and reservoirs, or in geoscience in upstream exploration and production or geothermal energy
- Experience in carrying out complex upstream projects, ideally leading “single string ventures”
- Professionalism, relational network, ability to manage a heavy workload, determination, good ability to perceive the needs of interest groups
- Good working knowledge of at least one second official language and, if possible, passive knowledge of a third official language and English
For further information, please contact: Mr. Frank Rutschmann, Head of the Renewable Energies Section, tel. 058 462 56 59 Reference number: 43912
The Federal Office of Energy (SFOE) is responsible for ensuring a secure, economical and sustainable energy supply for our country while promoting the efficient use of energy. energy and increasing the share of renewable energies. The SFOE is an office of the Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC).
As a staff member of the OFEN, you are building the Switzerland of tomorrow. By assuming responsibilities within the framework of demanding long-term projects, you contribute to the smooth running of the country. The SFOE offers you a modern and flexible working environment in which you will make a significant contribution to the sustainable development of Switzerland.
The federal administration is attentive to the different life paths of its employees and appreciates their diversity. It gives the highest priority to equal treatment.
As French-speaking and Italian-speaking people are under-represented in our administrative unit, we are delighted to receive their application.
- Seniority Level: Associate
- Employment Type: Full-time
For full details and the opportunity to apply see these links below:
Note: This post has been updated with the official links to the job advertisement which includes a link to apply. We thank Nicole Lupi for sending us these details.