Job: Investment Manager – Geothermal Heat Power, Baseload Capital, Sweden
Sweden-based investment company Baseload Capital is seeking to fill the position of an investment manager to support the company's activities on geothermal heat power projects world-wide.
Sweden-based Baseload Capital a specialized investment entity investing in Heat power, is seeking to fill the position of Investment Manager.
Baseload Capital works globally with the aim to give Heat Power operators the financial tools to build and operate renewable heat power plants. In its note on LinkedIn, it is pointed specifically to the geothermal work of the company.
In order to expand our reach and grow into new countries, we are now looking for an Investment Manager to join our team. Before entering a new market, Baseload Capital evaluates the potential and ensures that land can be secured in order for the project to be profitable. Baseload Capital also identify local partners with relevant knowledge that we can work closely with to develop projects in the local area.
As an Investment Manager at Baseload Capital you will evaluate and develop engagement in a new country, often in near collaboration with a sales representative from our technology partner. The role will also include:
- Identifying, evaluating and leading investment cases
- Market analysis of the business potential in the country
- Driving the work to identify and develop the first geothermal projects
- Identifying and securing local partners
- Identifying local processes (such as how to secure permits, power purchase agreements etc.)
- Supporting to establish local company structure and employ local staff
To succeed as an Investment Manager at Baseload Capital, we seek someone with the following background:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in relevant field (business, finance or engineering)
- >10 years’ experience of working in a similar field (renewable energy, technical startup, expansion into new market etc.)
- Business development and sales experience in a complex technical field or project financing experience • Good business- and financial understanding
- Fluent English written and oral (other languages are considered a plus)
- Ability to travel internationally frequently
Personality wise, we seek someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and pro-active, resultoriented, hands on attitude and flexible problem-solving skills. You have strong communication skills and the ability to influence and manage various stakeholders (such as government authorities, land owners, big corporate partners and utility power companies etc.) You are a team player and you have the ability to work in a dynamic team with diverse culture, background and expertise.
Above all, you share our passion about the environment and the core values of Baseload Capital to work for a carbon free society.
Location: Baseload Capital HQ in central Stockholm with frequent international travel.
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Apply today by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Baseload Capital is partly owned by Swedish heat power generation technology company Climeon and was formed in early 2018 by Climeon, Blue, Gullspang Invest and LMK. Earlier this year, Breakthrough Energy Invest invested in the company.